Need Some N00b Questions Answered Before Tonight's Game

By Markspinner, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

We're playing our second game tonight; Into the Dark. Last week we played The Rescue (fan-made quest) to get acquainted with the game. I think we're ready for the real thing now. Need some clarifications on a few rules.

1) Can monsters attack a hero through another monster that is standing in the way? Also same question in reverse (friendly fire?).

2) Regarding large monster movement (specifically the hell hound and the dragon), in the example in the book, they can either move to adjacent squares as long as it's rear half moves to where it's front half used to stand. The other way it can move is sidestepping. Can the monster move up in a straight line? I assume it can since, once moved forward, it's rear half would occupy where the front half used to be.

3) Is the Ghost Armor supposed to be in the town shop deck or is it considered a relic? I ask because it appears to be the only unique item in the deck.

4) The numbers on the back of the chest markers just mean tell you which item(s) to give out based on the quest, correct?

5) Does each hero start with one vitality and one healing potion no matter the quest?

6) The pierce ability is still a bit confusing to me? Can someone clarify how it works exactly?

Markspinner said:

We're playing our second game tonight; Into the Dark. Last week we played The Rescue (fan-made quest) to get acquainted with the game. I think we're ready for the real thing now. Need some clarifications on a few rules.

1) Can monsters attack a hero through another monster that is standing in the way? Also same question in reverse (friendly fire?).

2) Regarding large monster movement (specifically the hell hound and the dragon), in the example in the book, they can either move to adjacent squares as long as it's rear half moves to where it's front half used to stand. The other way it can move is sidestepping. Can the monster move up in a straight line? I assume it can since, once moved forward, it's rear half would occupy where the front half used to be.

3) Is the Ghost Armor supposed to be in the town shop deck or is it considered a relic? I ask because it appears to be the only unique item in the deck.

4) The numbers on the back of the chest markers just mean tell you which item(s) to give out based on the quest, correct?

5) Does each hero start with one vitality and one healing potion no matter the quest?

6) The pierce ability is still a bit confusing to me? Can someone clarify how it works exactly?

1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. Shop (as it is shown in the card)
  4. You must check the number on each quest text to know the content of the chest (marked with the same number).
  5. No. Each hero can purchase potions by 50 gold coins with the starting 300. If they want potions, they must purchase it before the quest (or during the quest).
  6. For each point in pierce, you can ignore 1 point of armor. So if you do 5 points of damage with pierce 3 to a monster with 4 points of armor and 6 wounds, you would do 4 wounds: (armor 4-pierce 3= armor 1; 5 points of damage-1 armor=4 wounds. So 6 starting wounds-4= the monster has 2 wounds now)

1. No! You cannot attack if the Line of Sight to the attacked space goes through any figure, friendly or enemy.

Parathion said:

1. No! You cannot attack if the Line of Sight to the attacked space goes through any figure, friendly or enemy.

1. Ups!!! Sorry! sonrojado.gif I wanted to say NO. It was a misprint.