.45 Pistols never was a weapon

By johnny shoes, in CoC General Discussion

.45 Pistols never was a weapon. It becomes the only Attachment. Item. Weapon. It does not appear in ye olde Official Rules Clarifications and Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q. 2.0). So this is a new development, an all new (albeit subtly different) card. The seventh unique to core card, by my count.

It is the first zero cost neutral weapon. Free combat for everyone. In pace and deck slots and attachment-ness it is still exorbidant and not free.

Made me wonder if there were any three-subtype cards. I found lots of two-subtype cards. Here's their breakdown.

List of Attachments by their second subtype, if any - Location, Vehicle, Item, Environment, Weapon, Artifact, Tome, Curse,and Mask.

Investigators can be one of: Scientist (1), Criminal (2), Day (2), and Sorcerer (3).

Single instances of two subtypes - there is one Monster. Cultist. ( AP VI), one Monster. Scientist (AP V), one Servitor. Monster, one Mi-go. Benefactor, one Criminal. Conspirator, and one Environment. Spell.

Multiples of two subtypes: there are Five Servitor. Dark Young, Four Day and Four Night two-subtype cards, seven Encounter. Rituals, 17 Location. Lost City . And that's it.

Core .45 Pistols is the only card with three subtypes - Attachment. Item. Weapon. whoopie!

"Weapon" wasn't a subtype in Arkham Edition, but it was from Unspeakable Tales on... So, the tweak on subtypes was done in an effort to make subtypes more consistant. It's a good change I think...

Thanks Marius, for the information. Poor Tommygun and Sword of Karma Sutra got left behind. No weapon for them. I think the change is good too. Mostly because I like weird things like this only card with three subtypes. I don't know why Unearthing the Ancients got a new subtitle like that - Research. Looks like to flesh out an Event, the least busy card, with spare looking text. But it's a great choice, like it belonged. A Highlight where was almost bannished to be a reprint. But what for.