Minor change to Power Weapons

By monkyman, in Dark Heresy House Rules

All power weapons do Energy damage when there power field is activated. This makes sense, but a lot of the Energy critical damage effects don't really fit being hit by an axe or sword.

So I play that power weapons count as energy damage for all rules effects (such as Throgel's resistance in PtU), but use the rending Critical tables.

On a side note. If a full trained (15000exp) Moritat assassin armed with the Luminous Reproach (from PtU) was attacked by 50 bloodletters, how many demons would the assassin take down before dieing?

monkyman said:

On a side note. If a full trained (15000exp) Moritat assassin armed with the Luminous Reproach (from PtU) was attacked by 50 bloodletters, how many demons would the assassin take down before dieing?

Non, he will fail all fear test rolls and die screaming like a little child (its grim world after all) demonio.gif

Hakken said:

Non, he will fail all fear test rolls and die screaming like a little child (its grim world after all) demonio.gif

a fully trained assassin would have the fearless talent, or at least be in a frezy.

But power weapons are not lightsabers: The power field cracks and shatters - it doesn't set things on fire.

kjakan said:

But power weapons are not lightsabers: The power field cracks and shatters - it doesn't set things on fire.

Hence my desire to use the rending critical table.

Hmmm, the Assassin would rushed and trampled...don't think they will line up for the assassin...

monkyman said:

kjakan said:

Hence my desire to use the rending critical table.

Yes, of course. Silly me.

Lightsabers would be the Energy Sword from Forge World section of IH.