Your favourite Arcane and non-Arcane? Best ever party?

By ElricOfMelnibone, in Anima: The Card Game

Ok, guys...finally put my hands on the Twilight of The Gods expansion (**** if it wasn't long...) and here I am posting the classical topics...

What's your favourite Arcane Character?

What about your favourite NON-Arcane?

Whar would be your Anima dream-team?!

Of course, take into account that you can choose any character from all three sets.

I'll post my own answers as soon as I have time to check everything together!

Dream Team

Clover(6,6) Acrobatics Warrior(4,4) Merchant (2,4) Duelist(4,3)

Basic Combat: 16

Basic Speed: 17

The top rank of party combat and speed. Player's advantage cards are generated by merchant in each victory.

By ignoring the whole Magic section, player can discard any Magic cards without hesitation in hand to strengthen Duelist. It increases the chance of defeating or even killing the adversary's characters.

Well, for PvP the real boss is Matthew Ghaul. Even if thigs get very bad, you may always sacrifice one of your characters to win and that settles it.

Possibly my Dream Team is

Lucanor (card getting, and uses cards other guys cannot use)

Tao (one of the biggest beatsticks among the normal characters)

General (+3 to combat per turn, actually...)

Knight (very useful tool combined with the previous)

If you don't have any fight you can easily draw 2 cards per turn.

You can spend Tao TWICE to gain +6 Combat AND the bonus of any Ki card.

General always gives you a +3 (you just have to spend him before the others) during a combat or if you don't have good cards in hand even +5 (+3, than ready him with knight and go for another +2). With a base combat of 15 and a base speed of 12 the party's base stats aren't even half bad although for very hard speed checks they might need some help (Black Sun? Empire?), although I usually prefer having low Speed in order to move after the others.

I believe there are also incredibly strong party builds using Millenium and Dinah. If your "normal" characters are pretty muscular (Acrobat/Samurai...) also Elisabetta might have her point, although I need to use her to understand more about her potential.

Elric of Melniboné said:

Well, for PvP the real boss is Matthew Ghaul. Even if thigs get very bad, you may always sacrifice one of your characters to win and that settles it.

Possibly my Dream Team is

Lucanor (card getting, and uses cards other guys cannot use)

Tao (one of the biggest beatsticks among the normal characters)

General (+3 to combat per turn, actually...)

Knight (very useful tool combined with the previous)

If you don't have any fight you can easily draw 2 cards per turn.

You can spend Tao TWICE to gain +6 Combat AND the bonus of any Ki card.

General always gives you a +3 (you just have to spend him before the others) during a combat or if you don't have good cards in hand even +5 (+3, than ready him with knight and go for another +2). With a base combat of 15 and a base speed of 12 the party's base stats aren't even half bad although for very hard speed checks they might need some help (Black Sun? Empire?), although I usually prefer having low Speed in order to move after the others.

I believe there are also incredibly strong party builds using Millenium and Dinah. If your "normal" characters are pretty muscular (Acrobat/Samurai...) also Elisabetta might have her point, although I need to use her to understand more about her potential.

I wonder if Matthew and Lucanor belong to Beyond to Goods and Evils? Since I don't have the game, what are their spec. and ability? (I am waiting to get the game in June...

General is good, nearly no cost to raise up combat in one battle, in contrast, Warrior looks like a weaker version, sympathy for him :P

You mention "you can spend Tao TWICE", is there any tricks within? Because a character should spun once he/she uses advantage card.

Just to explain you.

Mathew Ghoul is 5Combat/4Speed. Uses Magic and Trickery (if I remember correctly) and has the following ability:

Spend and sacrifice a character from your party to automatically win a combat.

Lucanor is 4Combat/5Speed. Uses EVERYTHING and has the following ability:

Spend: draw an Advantage Card.

As for Millenium (another favourite), she's 5Combat/5Speed. Uses Magic and Trickery and has the following ability:

Spend: cancel the effect of an advantage card played during the same phase.

As for the Knight he is a 4Combat/2Speed character with access to Ki and the following ability:

Spend: ready another spun character.

In the aforementioned party Knight's ability can be used either to ready a spent Lucanor allowing an extra Card draw (or an extra use of Trickery/Magic), ready a spent Tao allowing her to play ANOTHER ki card (gaining hence a second +3 to Combat) or Ready the General to play again his ability (gaining an extra +2 to combat, since this time Khight must be spun, so there will be only Tao and Lucanor supposedly ready).

As for the confront between General and Warrior, it's not like the General is ALWAYS better. Actually, while alone, the General CANNOT USE his abilty (since he spends to use it, he does not count toward the number of characters which aren't spun...). Also, if you had to spend your other characters for any other reason, in previous phases, the General's ability is ineffective, while Warrior's ability is always effective as long as he's able to spend himself. Of course, in most cases, if you use him correctly the General should result more powerful on the long run.

Thanks~ : )

Unspun a spun character...really interesting and powerful.

Speaking of Elisabetta, her description states that she cannot be the target of any harmful effects.

Does it mean that she is immune to all negative advantage, event or special ability? If yes, she is a bit too juicy because your adversary nearly unable to stop her action nor kick her out of the party. Even you need to kill your character, you can choose another character to sacrifice instead of Elisabetta.

Yes, that ability is very juicy. It's like the advantage card from the original game...I don't know it's english name...but you don't have to choose her to die when your party loses the combat.

By the way, Lucanor has it too!