Golden Tooth Guard and Wildfire Assault

By LetsGoRed, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

Scenario:

I have Golden Tooth Guard in play when my opponent reveals Wildfire Assault and I intend to let GTG be killed by the effect of Wildfire Assault.

Does GTG's passive ability goes off (a) regardless of the order of when plots are resolved, (b) only if my plot is resolved before my opponent's Wildfire, or © never?

Does the answer change if it had been me who had played the Wildfire Assault?

Thanks.

LetsGoRed said:

Does GTG's passive ability goes off (a) regardless of the order of when plots are resolved, (b) only if my plot is resolved before my opponent's Wildfire, or © never?

And the answer is... (a). Regardless of the plot order, you will get to draw the card for GTG even if a plot kills him. He'll still be on the table (though moribund) after all plots are resolved and his effect will resolve before he is put in the dead pile. The plot order used to matter, but the rules were cleaned up and it doesn't anymore.

LetsGoRed said:

Does the answer change if it had been me who had played the Wildfire Assault?

Nope. Plots are all resolved in the same framework action window, regardless of who plays them. Accordingly, the controller of Wildfire (or GTG for that matter) in your example doesn't change the timing.

Just to know a bit more about this:

Does the GTG's ability trigger before "when revealed" effects are resolved?

Does the only "when revealed" effect still resolve at point 4 of the framework action window? Or does it resolve at point 1?

eloooooooi said:

Does the GTG's ability trigger before "when revealed" effects are resolved?

No. By rule definition (in the FAQ), all non-plot passives activated by revealing plots happen afte r passive plot effects activated by revealing plots (like "when revealed" plot effects). In this situation, GTG will activate after Wildfire has resolved (no matter who plays it), but because of the "moribund" rule (this game's version of "on the way out" effect use), his effect still has the chance to activate even though he's dead.

eloooooooi said:

Does the only "when revealed" effect still resolve at point 4 of the framework action window? Or does it resolve at point 1?

"When revealed" plot effects activate and resolve in Step 4 (passive effects) of the framework action window for revealing plots, counting initiative, etc. They are passive effects activated by revealing plot cards. The caveat here is that there is a clarification in the FAQ saying that all plot "When revealed" passives must be resolved before any non-plot "after a plot is revealed" passives are resolved.

Ok, now I get it, Thanks ktom.