New stuff?

By quipore2, in Battlelore

Did a quick search, and didn't find anything really...

but is FFG going to make more stuff for BattleLore? Or are they going to let it fade away?

I would love to see elven mercenaries, armed with longbows, blue and red banner ranged units.

Undead, has no moral setting, doesn't retreat on Flag's rolled, but isn't allowed to battle back. Slow movement though. For cavalry have Death Knights, or Vampires ect.

It seems most every one wants to see elves or undead next. I would much rather see something that's more unique to battlelore like the torks or insectoid race. I know that insect like races have been done many times before but I've never seen them in a fantasy/medieval setting. And the torks I've heard are just supposed to be orks but at least they will be a little different.

So if they do release a new race insectoids and torks all the way

I would just like an announcement telling us what's happening.

New releases would be great as it would indicate which direction they are going with Battlelore - if any.

sorry, I doubt you will see anything from FFG in the near future. They haven't made any new news for BL for 2+ months while Westlos (aka BL very very light) has gotten news at least 1-2 times / month. Plus no BL at GenCon is a certain nail in the coffin about how much FFG will be supporting BL in the future - but that is to be expected with the real "support" they have given BL in the past 2 years.

I'd settle for Mr Borg to release his own rules for other races, notes on the game world and the like (I can live without pretty layout etc) as a print and play option, I fear it'll be the only way we get to see them.

Print off and stick to blocks that kind of thing but I suspect that Richard has his hands tied to even be allowed to do that.

But as far as FFG goes the amount of love that Battle lore will get will massively depend on how Westeroes goes (and the TV series). Personally I am not touching it with a barge pole got enough time, energy and emotion tied into BL to switch now.

I've gone from glass half full to half empty of late.

Chris

I'm optimistic about the future of Battlelore. I really think FFG will continue to support it, and I'm looking forward to seeing how that will be. I read a comment somewhere on BGG about someone who had talked to Richard Borg at a convention, and Richard had stated that FFG had most certainly not forgotten or abandoned Battlelore - of course this is second hand, and Richard's desires and FFG's may not match up. But I really think that FFG could do amazing things with Battlelore, and that we certainly haven't seen the last from FFG about this game - that's my view of course!

Time will tell of course - but I've enjoyed FFGs expansions to date, and look forward to (hopefully) seeing what they bring out in the future!

Cheers,

Giles.