Does this thing have a Spell Checker?

By Ichiban11, in Dark Heresy

Ichiban11 said:

Thanx. It has a min thread length aslo.

One of the things I realy like is that I can finally post normal tables and don't have be creative with my space bar.
Save alot of annoying testing.

Ichiban11 said:

Thanx. It has a min thread length aslo.

Seems like a nice way to stop one line posts. aplauso.gif

Or did you mean max thread length? That's one of the more common restrictions.

Not sure about using Word, though. That usually inserts a whole lot of hidden junk in terms of inline styles that ends up bloating messages significantly. Perhaps these forums have some code that strip that out, but maybe not... And, of course, it's not our problem as a poster... gran_risa.gif

(It would be nice to be able to not have to use the mouse for smilies, though, so here's an attempt at inserting one without having to use that little Javascript formatting bar thingy... ;) <-- Nope, it didn't work.)

Kage

Firefox's spell check doesn't seem to work here. It will highlight misspelled words (sometimes, and sometimes take the highlighting away for no apparent reason), but you can't right-click to get the spelling hints for them... the java cut/past thing gets in the way I guess.

However, you can ctrl+tab to switch to html edit and then Firefox's spell check will work just fine. ;-)

Graver said:

However, you can ctrl+tab to switch to html edit and then Firefox's spell check will work just fine. ;-)

With the added advantage that you can control how your text looks. For those that want high contrast white text, just add in <p style="color: #fff"> to each paragraph and the text will be white. gran_risa.gif

Kage

Kage2020 said:

Graver said:

With the added advantage that you can control how your text looks. For those that want high contrast white text, just add in <p style="color: #fff"> to each paragraph and the text will be white. gran_risa.gif

Kage

Or, if you have multiple paragraphs, you can use the span tag:

<span style="color : #ffffff;">

a paragraph.

another

here's one too.

</span>

And here's me forgetting to mention the span tag even though I recently used it in a post. Doh! sonrojado.gif

Kage

Serial posting because of the timed edit function, but it seems that the span doesn't work over multiple paragraphs. The forum software seems to strip it out and apply it to a paragraph level item only, so you have to apply the span to each individual paragraph separately. Thus just using the <p style="color: #fff;"> is just as easy, and just as annoying. Seemingly, anyway. preocupado.gif

Eventually I'm going to get bored of making the text white, but there we go. At least it's legible!

Kage

Kage2020 said:

Serial posting because of the timed edit function, but it seems that the span doesn't work over multiple paragraphs. The forum software seems to strip it out and apply it to a paragraph level item only, so you have to apply the span to each individual paragraph separately. Thus just using the <p style="color: #fff;"> is just as easy, and just as annoying. Seemingly, anyway. preocupado.gif

Eventually I'm going to get bored of making the text white, but there we go. At least it's legible!

Kage

Weird!

In my above post, each of those lines was a separate <p>

In fact, I'm using the span on this post as well and each of these lines is a separate paragraph. Do you think it strips the tags based on word count... like too many words and zap goes the tag?

And I agree, the white would get a touch old... and after all, if you can't have an original avatar, you can at least have a close to original text color ;-)

Graver said:

And I agree, the white would get a touch old... and after all, if you can't have an original avatar, you can at least have a close to original text color ;-)

No idea, to be honest. I'm not familiar with the software so I think that I'll just wait to see if they fix any of the problems that people have identified.

Kage