Harder Music.

By 1.2..3...Zebra, in UFS Off Topic

I want a thread where people talk about harder music. Hardcore, black metal, doom metal, grindcore, death metal, deathgrind, goregrind, and ect.... No offense but I don't want a topic where people say they listen to hard music and list Korn, Mudvayne, Slipknot, and Disturbed. I would also like for it to not be about older bands like Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and so on and so forth, because we all know the obvious. But talk about Napalm Death's new album "Time Waits for No Slave" or Gojira's "The Way of All Flesh".

roflitis. So you want a thread where pale little mother's-basement-dwelling boys who wear makeup and pretend to be all dark and sadistic between their job at Safeway and getting tuna sandwiches from mommy talk about their music instead? How wonderful.

I remember a few months back my friend and I dying of laughter at the track lists on grindcore or whatever albums. Half of them sounded like someone opened a medical dictionary and randomly pointed to a condition with their eyes closed.

In short, fans of that music are either complete posers who want to be all dark and demonic, but are really complete fakes looking for some way to fit in after being teased for being a fat bastard with acne all their life, or they're the genuine article and are truely despicable human beings who get off on ****, torture and mutilation. Those who fall into the later category would be better off exiting the genepool via 9mm induced exploding skull (OMG! THAT COULD BE A GRIND SONG), and those who fall into the first category would be less annoying if they'd just be emo instead. At least emo kids are less noisy about being obnoxious.

Was that too mean? I'm on a bit of a streak tonight because of the news about losing the street fighter license. Oh well. I'm sure people in the first group are used to the teasing. People in the second group deserve a whole lot worse.

DrUnK3n_PaNdA said:

roflitis. So you want a thread where pale little mother's-basement-dwelling boys who wear makeup and pretend to be all dark and sadistic between their job at Safeway and getting tuna sandwiches from mommy talk about their music instead? How wonderful.

I remember a few months back my friend and I dying of laughter at the track lists on grindcore or whatever albums. Half of them sounded like someone opened a medical dictionary and randomly pointed to a condition with their eyes closed.

In short, fans of that music are either complete posers who want to be all dark and demonic, but are really complete fakes looking for some way to fit in after being teased for being a fat bastard with acne all their life, or they're the genuine article and are truely despicable human beings who get off on ****, torture and mutilation. Those who fall into the later category would be better off exiting the genepool via 9mm induced exploding skull (OMG! THAT COULD BE A GRIND SONG), and those who fall into the first category would be less annoying if they'd just be emo instead. At least emo kids are less noisy about being obnoxious.

Was that too mean? I'm on a bit of a streak tonight because of the news about losing the street fighter license. Oh well. I'm sure people in the first group are used to the teasing. People in the second group deserve a whole lot worse.

So how are any of the genres considered **** when bands like Napalm Death have changed music completely. Napalm Death's first album Scum is on the list of 1000 Albums to Hear Before You Die. That list includes all of your **** bands like The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, and etc... Napalm Death and Nasum (both grindcore) have all of their songs revolving around political issues.

You can assume all you want about death metal, black metal, and any form of grindcore, but you have no idea what you are talking about. As for the fans, I could care less about them. I hate the metal hand jesture, don't "headbang", and don't own any band t-shirts. But atleast I'm not a Dragonforce fan. Those guys are ******* pathetic for just listening to the band.

And emo is a genre of music that thas died out and has not been around since the early 90's. So emo kids can't exist. Scene kids who listen to sh*tty bands exist, but not emo.

Did you think you were too mean, because you actually came off very ignorant. So don't worry about what you thought you did and focus on what you actually did.

DrUnK3n_PaNdA said:

So which group do I belong in then?

Also, which group do you belong in for that makes you so insecure that you have to troll other people about their musical tastes? You must have some deep seated insecurities, probably featured around being picked on when younger (oh wait...) that cause you to lash out on the internet in an attempt to fill some sort of power/control void that was formed at an earlier age.

Seriously, grow up. We like some kinds of music (I also like classical music, gonna troll me about that too?) and you don't. So if people want to discuss a genre just let it be man. And if you don't, I'll have the mods step in.

i wish this was a joke topic. I listen to everything from tchovisky (k i butchered that spelling) to malmsteim, to hendrix, to jack johnson, to metallica, to slayer, to elton john, to poison, to ....you get the point. Ill even listen to country as long as its REAL country...haggard, cash, DAC,

My ipod has like 12K songs and there are very few i would "skip". Variety is good.

I too have a variety of music. In fact I listen to math rock (i.e. 65daysofstatic, Battles, Maps & Atlases, and The Mercury Program) a lot more than any other genre. This topic is just based on harder music. I felt like I was the only person who llistened to bands like Napalm Death on the forums and wanted to see who else had an intrest in music like this.

Emo doesn't exist? Well, tell that to... well, emos.

Emo was not in the 90's, grunge was. While grunge was quite possibly the originator of what would ultimately be called emo, it was not emo and cannot possibly be called emo.

Emo is a current-day subculture, not a music genre. Get educated.

guitalex2008 said:

Emo doesn't exist? Well, tell that to... well, emos.

Emo was not in the 90's, grunge was. While grunge was quite possibly the originator of what would ultimately be called emo, it was not emo and cannot possibly be called emo.

Emo is a current-day subculture, not a music genre. Get educated.

That was probably the most uneducated thing I've ever heard. Emo is short for emotional hardcore, a subegenre of hardcore punk. It was started in the 80's and died in the early 90's. Grunge is a subgenre of metal, so how are the two correlated?

ATTENTION PEOPLE WHO ESTABLISH GENRES: YOU'RE THE REASON THAT THERE IS NO GOOD MUSIC ANYMORE

If you can remotely understand what the singer is saying WITHOUT looking at the booklet, it's not hard enough.

At least this is what thread is saying.

Lols at the RickRoll :D

Is it worrying that I hear Never Gonna Give You Up in my dreams now?

DrUnK3n_PaNdA said:

I'm on a bit of a streak tonight because of the news about losing the street fighter license.

Since it wasn't clear before:

Steve Horvath has stated that the Street Fighter License is not going anywhere. They have not lost it. There will be a new Street Fighter Set in late 2009.

Re: Hard Music

I have to get the rules to being a successful <insert subgenre> Metal Band, and post them here.

1.2..3...Zebra said:

That was probably the most uneducated thing I've ever heard. Emo is short for emotional hardcore, a subegenre of hardcore punk. It was started in the 80's and died in the early 90's. Grunge is a subgenre of metal, so how are the two correlated?

Emo is short for emotional. PERIOD. It is a subculture. People in the subculture have their own style: hair, clothing, makeup. They also have their own music: bands like Fallout Boy, the newer Blink 182, Angels and Airwaves. They have their own literature and art. Most emo people like writing their own poetry and drawing their own art. Emo is not defined by the music, and emo music is simply music heard in the emo scene. Emo music is inconsequential to the emo culture. It's simply part of it.

More importantly emo is completely distinguishable from goth.

And even more importantly, no, I'm not emo.

ASIDE from that, what is now heard by the emo culture is simply pop rock and pop punk, both of which have their origins from alternative rock and pop music. Grunge, hate to be the one to tell you this, is the originator of alternative rock. OMG, is your world tumbling down yet?

Antigoth said:

I have to get the rules to being a successful <insert subgenre> Metal Band, and post them here.

Please do so - the pretentiousness is too much. Gotta placate that.

I mainly listen to Metalcore.

As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, Trivium, August Burns Red

they're just a few

A friend recently turned me on to Lordi. I'm particularly a fan of Chainsaw Buffet and Bringing Back the Balls to Rock.

I assume they would fit into the "harder music" category, even if they are on the Gwar-influenced comedy edge of the spectrum.

Shaneth said:

I mainly listen to Metalcore.

As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, Trivium, August Burns Red

they're just a few

I'm not into new metalcore, but I like metalcore bands like Converge and Vision of Disorder.