Quest Report on Antistones Abilities

By Drglord, in Descent Home Brews

Report on Antistone Characters

doctorstrange.jpg

This guy as intented was a powerhorse. The ability costs a total of 90 points ofcourse since you pay 45 for the skill and about 45 for the 3 traits.

But still he felt overpowering since with only the walking stick he could do 10 damage by rolling red, green, green and had reach also. He also drew some cool skills like vampiric blood and inner fire making him a menace by rolling magic attacks with the walking stick and making 11 and 12 damage on ranges up to 5 or 6 away. Anyway i believe that even in the AC he will be powerful but i don't know if broken. Anyway on quest having a guy that can hit ranged attacks with more power than your average fighter i think it is powerful. I don't think if it is overpriced but i sure believe it is cool i think more testing is needed.

eziotheassassin.jpg

This guy for a meager 30 points this skill is definetely underpriced for quests. I don't know what other people do but in quests you are going to spawn like crazy. Probably even spawn AT every turn if you have a good spawn card and some room to spawn. Even if you can't reach the players if they don't have AOE weapons you will spawn in the back so you can slow them down. I made him for AC but in quests the 30 points feels ridiculous as he will be drawing as crazy. IMHO anyone is free to test him.

slaggorath.jpg

I don't know about that. In quests it felt just right nothing extreme. I believe in AC will be far better.

astaroph.jpg

This skill also felt quite right. Having an aim all the time means you can't dodge or rest so it cuts down alot of your power. It costs 40 so i might even go as far as saying it is overpriced but we only played in one quest so i will keep it since getting AIM on all your attacks is godly. Can't really weigh it. It won't break your game for sure :)

chunliw.jpg

This ability is like a mini telekinesis and has alot of uses. My players didn't use it wisely and in believe in AC will be godly. Even in quest you can use it as acrobat since you can move monsters off. Or you can push the fighter up to 6 spaces. It's cost is 40 so i think it is cool at least for quests. I have a worry that in AC will be broken probably but that is just a suspicion.

stridero.jpg

Well in quests he wasn't awesome as expected felt just right but i believe his amazing ability might be underpriced in AC but that is a speculation only.

luciferj.jpg

This guy was the amazing tank ever. Keep in mind that i have made the regeneration 1 as a perk something that antistone didn't had so this isn't an exact legal player. This guy had enduring, battle cry so he just wore a ghost armor and he was impossible to bring down with normal monsters he took more than 50 hits to be brought to his knees. Since he has elven cloack he was impossible to pass the natural armor. In quests he might nigh impossible to kill if you don't corner him alone as i did. With a good supply of health potions he can keep his maximum wounds for ever. I look forward in seeing him in AC. If you keep in mind that the supply of potions can be eternal in quests as Antistone has said (which i really don't believe as they might be unlimited but you still have to go and spend rounds but anyway) with a healthy supply this guy can be quite immortal.

That's all from our latest quest experience. I hope i can be of help if someone decides to play the abilities from the great work of antistone.

Nice creations. Very Sweet...Perhaps I don't completely agree on Lee's Ranged trait (why not melee?! She's a martialist, isn't she?).

I don't like too much Ezio either...

As for the rest, they're really likeable.

I think you're misinterpreting how Morph should work on heroes; you can't swap out the yellow for the green (If that's what's intedended, then that ability is much too powerful, given weapons like the Morning Star)

Neither Morph nor Morph Dice do anything on their own, and theoretically, you could have one and not the other.

Rather, the Morph ability lets you assign a Morph Die to any die you choose, but it doesn't let you swap out already-selected dice for other ones. That's why Master Chaos Beasts roll 3 Morph dice and 1 Power die-- they can't swap out the power die for a green die. Likewise, you can't swap out a yellow die for a green die, because that yellow die is not a morph die.

That Hero seems a bit too good, either way. I think he'd be more balanced if he lost the Sorcery 1. Basically, he's traded 3 trait dice for a morph dice-- think about that and you'll realize how powerfully sick that is. I like Antistone's generator a lot, but if that's an allowable build, then one of those abilities is too cheap.

-pw

Actually I believe Sorcery1 ability is even a bit too costly...