Just bought the game, a few questions

By SpleenballPro, in Android

Is anyone available on skype to run me through how the game works, I tried reading the rules, but its kinda confusing.

Also, the game box says 3-5 players...but is it possible to play this game with just two people?

SpleenballPro said:

Is anyone available on skype to run me through how the game works, I tried reading the rules, but its kinda confusing.

Also, the game box says 3-5 players...but is it possible to play this game with just two people?

Yup, at first Android will seem very confusing. What you should do is setup the board and play a mock game with just yourself.

It took me a long time just to setup the board the first time but once you've done this you'll see it's really pretty simple. It becomes simple when you realize what all those game piece are for.

Each Detective has many pieces that are used just by them. I set aside 5 very small plastic boxes (approx. 1"x1"x1") to hold each detective and their pieces. It took me a long time to find which NPC's belong to which player Detectives because I completely missed the details printed on the back of each Detective card!

There is a lot of info to go through but don't get discouraged. Just spend some time with it and it will pay off.

Once you have the board setup and you've taken a few turns things will really start to fall into place.

Remember, the basics of a turn is just moving to a piece of evidence and then deciding if you want to follow it up by placing a marker on a suspect or by following up the conspiracy by placing a puzzle piece on the board. *This is a very simplified description of a turn but really that's the meat of it.

Setup the board, play a few rounds and you'll start to get it. And once you have the concept the next step will be trying to remember the many little rules :)

And yes, the game is best with 3 or more players. But I don't know how well (if at all) it works with two. I haven't tried.

It's very playable with 2 players. Just use 4 suspects. In case you ask why, IIRC the rulebook says the number of suspects used in in a game is the number of player +1. According to this rule you should play with 3 suspects with 2 players. But most players who do play 2 players games find it much better with 4 suspects.