FFG Version

By JerusalemJones, in Hey, Thats My Fish!

This has been one of those games I've been interested in for some time. Now that FFG will be releasing their own version, I'm glad I waited. I like Mayfair Games, but I still think that FFG's quality components outshines pretty much ever other board game manufacturer (although Valley Games's Titan is near the top of the list).

The most shocking thing is the $11.95 MSRP.

I've got a copy of the old one, but at this price, I might as well have a brand new one.

Congrats, FFG. For stealing a fun little game and making it cooler.

I have to agree! At approximately R80, this is almost too good to be true!

sepayne7l said:

The most shocking thing is the $11.95 MSRP.

Ni kidding? *Goes to check the entry...*

Wow! I think this may be the cheapest standalone game FFG offers. Even cheaper than their childrens games...

Shocking indeed.

That's astoundingly cheap. I wonder if they're planning to print this in quantity and try to sell it at the big stores (Target, WalMart, etc.)?

Its just great fun in a tiny little box....

I've tried this game with my wife, she could enjoy playing it I think. With this pricetag, I should consider buying a copy. Don't know if it is good for 2 players, too?

Wow! Didn't realize it was that cheap. Ordering it now! :)

Angus Lee said:

I've tried this game with my wife, she could enjoy playing it I think. With this pricetag, I should consider buying a copy. Don't know if it is good for 2 players, too?

Guess this answer comes too late, but stilll.. yeah, the game plays great even 2p… additionally, you have a load of options (use less penguins, use more penguins, forbid starting on certain positions, alter the shape of the board and so on) granting you a huge flexibility in the game. I was kinda perplexed, but after some games I can say it's a good game. An easy one, and a short one, sure, but still it's absolute fun (should get an expansion, adding obstacles, moving from different ice platforms and so on :P )

Love this game but too logical for my wife (she hates to lose).

Just got this game today and played it with my nine year old son and his friend over lunch.

We had a great time. At $18 CAN before taxes, I got a high quality storage box with thick tiles (they use the same type of board for their Star Wars: Edge of the Empire tokens), and 16 well sculpted pieces.

I am always looking for fun games that the whole family can play, and this is definitely one of them. Fast, smart and fun. And really with the size of the whole thing (the box is approximately 5" x 5" x 1.5"), and a total required play area of about 16"sq, it is highly portable!

Thanks again FFG for making my family time a little more enjoyable.