Online Play ?

By Dragantonio, in Warhammer Invasion Off Topic

Does anyone now if there is some kind of format to play this game online. I play 3 years now on Egg of Pan Ku a game called Legend of the 5 Rings from AEG. Does anybody now for something similar to that? If not the guys in FFG will have to consider it L5R has many new players because of that here in Greece my playgroup started with 3 players and now we have 27. We play online and we also play the real ccg. Thats fun!!!

Hi,

There is a card-game client called OCTGN, which allows two people to connect and play a card game.

Download the latest copy of OCTGN from www.octgn.net

You then need a plug-in and date for all the cards in Warhammer: Invasion. These can be obtained from http://eloooooooi.net84.net/?page_id=36

It's easy to get running and there are instructions on the OCTGN site that I mentioned above.

I don't know if there is an online list of people who use this software, but it would be very helpful if there was, so that players could contact each other to arrange games.

Enjoy.

Toast

typo...

date => data

This is a repost from another thread.

Hey all,

Created a google group for Warhammer Invasion Players over OCTGN groups.google.com/group/warhammer-invasion-octgn

The idea behind this group is fairly simple. Its a place for fans of FFG's Warhammer Invasion LCG to meet and find other players who enjoy the game and like to play online over OCTGN. Its primary purpose is to allow players to hook up and find games. If you're looking to debate cards, deck strength, balance issues, etc. go to the FFG Forums.

The main goal here is player can post to the group saying they're interested in finding a game. They might say "I got Thursday evening from from 9pm to 11pm EST. Anyone free?" and other members can respond back. That's the whole idea.

Anyways if this interests you please go to the link above and join.

All the best and good gaming,

Wraith428

There's a few threads about online play over in the Living Card Game forum. What a friend and I have started doing is playing via video chat through Skype. We simply set up our laptops across from us, aim the webcam at our playing area, set up a video chat, and play that way. It actually works surprisingly well.