New to Tactics

By ripcord, in Anima: Tactics

Hi all

I've been given the Anima Tactics Saga 1 & 2 Awakening and Rise

I've read the rules but am a bit confused apart from buying a few figures is everythnig else I need (rules wise) in the book? If I was to get a few figures for each side can I play a game with just the information in the book or do I need to collect cards to be able to use the character abilities?

I gather I don't as the character write ups in the book seem quite complete so just wanted confirmation on this point.

Hope all that made sense

ripcord said:

I've read the rules but am a bit confused apart from buying a few figures is everythnig else I need (rules wise) in the book? If I was to get a few figures for each side can I play a game with just the information in the book or do I need to collect cards to be able to use the character abilities?

You just need the book and a few figures. Each miniature comes with that character's stats on a reference card. Some will also have a second card explaining further abilities, or else they will come with an Advantage Card. The only "card collecting" you may need to do would be to get some extra Advantage Cards, although it's pretty easy to just download and print a few off for quick reference.

You might want to check out the Cipher Studios Anima Forum for a more active community: http://cipher-studios.com/AnimaBB/

Can you get by playing this game with just the downloadable rules? Or do you need to actually pickup the physical rule book?

It looks like a neat little game.

The downloadable rules work fine on thier own but there are newer rules that deal with specific characters and abilities that they don't include. You can find most of those rules lying around the main Anima Forum. Having the big book just gives you everything in one neat reference.

However if your just looking to learn the basics the PDF is great, all the other rules can pretty much be picked up by playing against those who have access to the other book.

- Raith