Rochester NY Air Patch Event

By Deck dont matter, in UFS Tourney Reports

8 players made it out for the covided Air Patch here in Rochester, NY last night.

Deck that were being played in order of finish....

1. Hanzo*** (ME-Jesse Cervini) yahhhh...

2. Ralf* (Matt Hughes)

3.Tira**** (Ben Broberg)

4.Sagat****(Kevin Broberg)

5.Felicia***(Jeffery KAHN)

6.T. Hawk****(Nick brown)

7. Kilik****(Nick Segar)

8.Mina* (Sean Post)

So it was three rounds to a finish tonight for our patch tournament with no finals.

My deck was completely unplaytested going into the event and I had assisted many of my players with cards for their deck before I even thought about building my deck. I laided like all the air attacks I could think of playing and thought back to the hanzo deck I played right when release 10 came out. ended up running

Hanzo***x1

Foundations 35

4x Chester's Backing

4xLord of the Makai

4x Makai High Noble

4xReturn to southtown

4xInhuman Preception

4xBlinding Rage

4x Infected

4x Soul of Ling-Sheng Su

3x 00101.01101.00001.01111

Splits 4

4x Fighting Frenzy

Actions 4

4x Tag Along

Asset 4

4xCage Arena

Attacks 16

4x Circling Wing

4xChain throw

4x Ira-Spinta

4xFei Long's Forward Kick

Board

4xRealization

4x Famiy Heirloom

So my whole Idea was just to force through the Short Kick loop and chew away at my oppoents.

Round1

Felcia*** (KAHN)

For anyone who was at worlds this past year this was the person who got his entire Felicia deck stolen during worlds...he worked very hard to regain all of the cards for the deck finally and came back in full force for this event. Game 1 went my way with always holding atleast 2-3 high blocks and just had to wait for him to go down to 1 or 2 cards in hands and try to push damage through with chain throws I had, his Chain throws with BINARY, and using Hanzo to keep my card pool cleared. Finished him by playing one of his Feline Spikes and it was game. Game two I had a rough start with onle getting 2 foundations out with some rought draws...he was able to get two moves off, then Spike me out. Final game I was able to take advantage of flipped spike on his first foundation and was able to steam role him with fei long forward kick loop for the win.

Round2

Tira***(Ben Broberg)

Ben Top 8 Canadian Nationals this past year and has seemed to be always on his game since. He was playing Tsunami Sabre beatdown with soul powers, and Tira's AMAZING ability to really take me apart...oh and a card called VIAMA. Game 1 he took very easily cause I was unprepared and had everything to beat me on his 3rd turn. Games 2 and 3 went roughly the same with me using Ira-Spinta to takeout his viama and cage arena, and other problem foundations to win the match.

Round3

Ralf*(Matt Hughes)

Another one of the Original locals like myself I thoughly enjoyed this match. I was able to hold a mid block constantly for his Galatic Phantom attack which was always a missed block from leathal. I got him with BINARY feline spike YAH. Game 2 went as so though....he spams 5 foundations says go. I play fei long forward kick...I then play it 9 more times and he had no block in hand. I was finally able to do it...turn 1 no foundations all beats for the win.

So I took down the tournament but as the scout I passed the patched to second and third, but proved to my players Im still as good, and can get some true beats on when I need to.