The "Card" boardgame

By guest122127, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (1st Edition)

Recently saw at a games store a game of thrones - card game that was not CCG was a board game with mostly cards.

Can't seem to locate on this site. Any Help?

You might be thinking of the Game of Thrones LCG that was just released. It's a continuation of the CCG but with fixed cards and it comes with a little board and figures that represent your position in the game.

If thats what you're thinking about, look in the "Living Card Game" area. If its not, than I have no clue.

And the link to the Living Card Game , so you can check wether this is it.

Before the LCG there also was a Trading Card game featuring a lot of the same cards and system, if I am not mistaken.

Yep, I bet that's it!

What exactly is a Living Card Game? I mean in contrast to a CCG like Magic, for example.

The big difference to a ccg is that you don't have random boosters. You know what you buy.

You are forced to go to shop every month, to be up to date.

Everyone played with the new box yet? And with the 4 players version?

I'm confused, how does a "Card boardgame" work?

In the LCG you have a board. You have several figures. Each figure represents a title(The Hand, Master of Laws, etc) and every round you select such a title. The titles have influences on each other (i.e. Master of Whispers opposes Master of Laws) and this has an impact on the gameplay. This board is just used in a 4 player game.

jogo said:

You are forced to go to shop every month, to be up to date.

Don't have to shop every month. The Core Set (the big box) has enough to be able to play with 4 people wihtou changing any thing.

If you want to change the decks (add to them, change characters, plots, locations, etc) thne you can buy stuff every month (or just wait and catch up)

TheChampIsHere said:

I'm confused, how does a "Card boardgame" work?

The game is basically a multiplayer card game with some role selection each turn. The board mostly serves as a reminder as to which player selected which role.