card sleeves???

By cleat64, in Death Angel

I'm sorry if I missed this info elsewhere. What size card sleeves do you need for Death Angel? I just ordered the game and I am curious.

Thanks, cleat64

If you can get Arcane Tinmen sleeves, two packs of Medium size will do, while if you go Mayday, you'll have to do some research as to what the actual sleeves you need are (their card size listing doesn't generally equal what FFG states).

Hi

First point, the cards MUST be protected, after two solo games without sleeves, the card began to suffer, it is not the quality of the card, but they must be manipulated often in the game, and they are relatively thin.

I've read a lot of post, here and at Edge (Europe distributor), the fact is the FFG sleeves seems ok (the green one), but after you have difficulties to put them back in the box, obviously with the two expansions.

For my part, I will try MaydayGames cards sleeves : "Premium USA Chimera Game Sleeves" or "USA Chimera Games Sleeves" (orange color code) they are both 57.5 x 89 mm the primera are sold in pack of 50 and Standard in pack of 100. The premium are 125% thicker according to MaydayGames, so I've ordered the standard one to make the card going to the box.

That's important that with MaydayGames tou take the Chimera (orange color code 57.5x89mm) and not the Standard USA (purple color code 56x89mm), I've ordered the Standard USA for the game Bohnanza (that's the recommended ones for this games according to MaydayGames), and the Space Hulk Death Angel cards are a little larger than the Bohnanza card.

Hope it helps

I will take you in touch, I'm waiting for the two expansions and the card sleeves

I keep everything in the DA box, lid is slightly up, but only slightly. Actually, I think the die is the biggest issue. No insert, I have three stacks of cards, with only the Event cards in the center stack. This leaves enough empty space to put the ziplock with the Support tokens and the die on top of them and not have them press against the lid or the be forced against the Event deck. No die and I could syphon off some of the cards from the other two stacks to get the lid down as normal.

You can also use sleeves form Mayday . I get mine from e-bay. 57,5x89mm Orange ones. I have almost all my games in sleeves since we use them twice a week. And if you have over a hundred games you'd want to keep them in mint condition. I'm all geek so I tend to be a bit extreme. lengua.gif

Hi

I bought Standard Mayday sleeves, initialy I took the Orange (USA Chimera Game 57,5x89mm) for Space Hulk : Death Angel, and Purple (USA Game 56x87mm) for the game Bohnanza.

My conclusion is that the purple one work perfectly for Space Hulk, all cards from the original game and its two expansions (print on demand) fit in the original box with the sleeves.

The Orange are ok too, but the purple have exactly the same size. So I would say that it depend on you, if you want to have 1,5mm security up/down the card, go for the orange one, but you will also have 2mm (right/left). If you want sleeves that match perfectly the card, go for the purple.

Be careful, I'm using the standard sleeves, not the premium, because they are thinner, so the card fit in the box.

I will use the Orange for Bohnanza, even if the card are smaller than Space Hulk, but I don't have a box issue, the bos of Bohnanza is far bigger, so it won't be a problem.

Bye

Note:

Mayday Standard Sleeves are sold in 100 pack, you will need 2 for Space Hulk : Death Angel.
Mayday Premium Sleeves are sold in 50 pack, you will need 4 for Space Hulk : Death Angel.

Bye

Alarane said:

My conclusion is that the purple one work perfectly for Space Hulk, all cards from the original game and its two expansions (print on demand) fit in the original box with the sleeves.

I took your advice and have to state that you are wrong (you are correct in your previous post though!). I bought the purple Mayday cards for Space Hulk and they are such a tight squeeze that it a) bends the cards and b) takes a long time per card to put them in the sleeve.

Luckily, I also have Bohnanza and the purple sleeves fit them perfectly (although the cards no longer fit in the plastic box moulding).

I'll order the Orange sleeves for Space Hulk as per your other post.

I can confirm that. Mayday Purple sleeves are slightly smaller than the standard Space Hulk card size and, therefore, do not fit easily. I too recommend buying the orange ones (two of them).

I remember when the final extended DVD set of The Return of the King came out for the Lord of the Rings. They sold the entire Lord of the Rings movies in a nice deluxe box. For those of us with the DVD's already, you could buy the sleeve box for a small amount of change plus S/H. I hope if they ever make an deluxe release of Death Angel: Space Hulk, they offer the bigger box for sale to those who have the complete set. Of course, they will release the set with a brand new, never before seen add on deck, and the point will be moot. LOL.

Yeah, I would buy it again. LOL

The rulebook says "Fantasly Flight Supply Card Sleeves 3" but there were no details beyond that. I'm going to take a look, Ill stop by my local game store for in person information.

Uncle Kulikov said:

The rulebook says "Fantasly Flight Supply Card Sleeves 3" but there were no details beyond that. I'm going to take a look, Ill stop by my local game store for in person information.

It means that if you wish to use Fantasy Flight card sleeves you need 3 packs of the Standard American Board Game Size 2.25 x 3.5 (56 x 87 mm). Don't confuse it with the green backing sleeves. The package top is green and it will say CLEAR SLEEVES on front.

Here is the FFG page on the product www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp

JackhammerJohn said:

I remember when the final extended DVD set of The Return of the King came out for the Lord of the Rings. They sold the entire Lord of the Rings movies in a nice deluxe box. For those of us with the DVD's already, you could buy the sleeve box for a small amount of change plus S/H. I hope if they ever make an deluxe release of Death Angel: Space Hulk, they offer the bigger box for sale to those who have the complete set. Of course, they will release the set with a brand new, never before seen add on deck, and the point will be moot. LOL.

Yeah, I would buy it again. LOL

Geez, I must have been tired when I wrote that post. Looks like I went off on some strange tangent. I think I was suggesting that if FFG wanted to release a Death Angel Deluxe box that fitted all the expansion cards - sleeved - I would buy it in a heartbeat. An empty one, of course.

No insert, I have three stacks of cards, with only the Event cards in the center stack.

Thank you so very much! I was wondering about how I was going to store the core set + expansions after adding sleeves, and this is a nice shortcut. I'm also kicking around the idea of keeping this game in a specific Pelican case at home (maybe even painting the case to fit the theme), but in the meantime, this will do. :)