Trickmaster N Fire cards

By player1053558, in Rules Discussions

So trick master says

"you may put and number of fire type magic cards from your hand on this card during your action phase. (this does not count as a play) this card gets +X pow, where X is the sum of all damage amounts of magic cards STORED on this card."

If my interpretation is correct, you can play the magic cards on him any turn you like, as in they don't need to be played on him when he is, AND that those cards stay on him until he is discarded.

That's not bad to have a growing dark card out.... and if he's on a fire world that damage doubles.... nice!

Get back to me to please verify this, thank you

Zarathura

Zarathura said:

So trick master says

"you may put and number of fire type magic cards from your hand on this card during your action phase. (this does not count as a play) this card gets +X pow, where X is the sum of all damage amounts of magic cards STORED on this card."

If my interpretation is correct, you can play the magic cards on him any turn you like, as in they don't need to be played on him when he is, AND that those cards stay on him until he is discarded.

That's not bad to have a growing dark card out.... and if he's on a fire world that damage doubles.... nice!

Get back to me to please verify this, thank you

Zarathura

That would in fact be correct.

to elaborate more on this though, it says and "fire" type magic card.

understandably this counts fire, fira, and firaga....

but since mushu is technically a magic card as well, because of the way he is played, and deals fire effect damage would he be able to add on to trick master?

Last Messiah said:

to elaborate more on this though, it says and "fire" type magic card.

understandably this counts fire, fira, and firaga....

but since mushu is technically a magic card as well, because of the way he is played, and deals fire effect damage would he be able to add on to trick master?

No, because once he hits the field he is a friend card and loses his magic-card likeness

okay... thought so.

thanks

Let me say that while I agree with the Mushu ruling, it is for a different reason.

Why I disagree: Mushu, as a Magic/Friend, is considered a Magic card until he hits play, specifically the Friend Zone. Storing him on Trickmaster would not turn him into a Friend, because he hasn't been played; Trickmaster says so.

Why I agree: Although Mushu has a Fire Effect ability, he, himself, is not a "fire type magic card." He therefore cannot be stored on Trickmaster to begin with.

Now for the Mushu question: How is his ability affected by Wonderland Lvl 2?

mushu doubles on wonderland lvl2 just as dumbo doubles on deep jungle lvl2. now for my own question if i play a magic card stored on the trickmaster is the magic card then discarded or does it stay stored on him till he is discarded

Anarchy_In_The_Galaxy said:

mushu doubles on wonderland lvl2 just as dumbo doubles on deep jungle lvl2. now for my own question if i play a magic card stored on the trickmaster is the magic card then discarded or does it stay stored on him till he is discarded

so if i plasy him as a dark friend and he has even one lvl2 fire on him i have infinite fire till hes gone?

the ruling we have been going with at our store is

If trick master is played as a dark card on a world trick master gains the appropriate values for the effects.

If trick master is played as a friend card, trick master's gain/loss is determined when it is in a battle/challenge as the world card changes that you are on.

IE. you have a wonderland 2 and your opponent has a hollow bastion 3 ---> on your world he gets double fire magic, IF you challenge them he loses it. And same goes for if the worlds were reversed, he would gain on their wonderland and lose on your bastion.

I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure putting a Fire card on Trickmaster prevents it from being used. Trickmaster states that the card is not considered "played," and if it's not "played" you can't use the effect. The fire cards are not discarded until Trickmaster is, so you are prevented from "playing" them until they are recycled through the deck.