The Ice King stirs...

By Warbringer25, in Runebound

The white dragon Acessiwal is an ancient villain, well versed in the ways of evil and a growing bane to humankind.

For more than a millenia, he has grown in power and his wars against the frost giant clans ended thirty years ago with

his total dominion of the great glacier that covers the crown of the world. With wealth and power to rival kingdoms,

Acessiwal has finally turned his attention south to the weak and divided lands of men. Thousands of lives will be lost

unless a band of heroes can venture half way across a continent to the dragon’s lair at Coldheart Keep to put a stop to

the beast once and for all. Cunning and ferocious, the self titled Ice King has already been the end of hundreds of would

be dragonslayers and his lair may prove deadly once again unless the heroes can gain the trust of some unlikely allies,

the dragons own traitorous henchmen and the witch Baba Yaga...

Just to clarify the above is a "Teaser Trailer" to my next adventure variant which should be getting posted over on bgg sometime in the next week or so. I've already submitted all the files so its just a matter of them getting approved.

I'll post a link once everything is posted.

Judd

Excellent... something new to peek at. I'm assuming it's for Frozen Wastes, which I don't have... yet.

The first "very rough" version of the rules is actually posted on bgg in the Frozen Wastes file section. The other files (including a revised version of the rules), 12 dungeon cards, 4 reference cards, and six new ally cards, plus new card backs for the dungeon deck... should all be appearing over the next few days with a little luck.

Like all my dungeon variants its meant to be an EPIC experience which requires the heroes to do more strategizing and maximizing of their equipment in order to have a chance at beating the main bad guys. In addition to fighting a wickedly powerful white dragon, this variant offers the chance to both fight Warduke (a classic D&D mercenary type villian) and/or potentially hire him as an ally. I think people should have a lot of fun with it.

Judd