North Church - Underground Press InterAction ? I want to believe ....

By phantomsurfer, in CoC Rules Discussion

I was wondering about the possible interaction of the two cards but I'm not really clear about the " resourcing" operation. I would like to know other opinions about that

========== Syndicate ==========

Underground Press
-----------------
Type : Support
Cost : 3
Subtype : Location.
Game Text: Response: after you attach a resource to one of your domains from your hand, attach the top card of your deck to that same domain, as a resource.
Collector's Info: EE R90

========== Neutral ==========

North Church
------------
Type : Support
Cost : 3
Subtype : Location.
Game Text: Action: pay 1 to exchange a card in your hand with a resource attached to one of your Domains.
Collector's Info: AE R231

I can't see a problem with that. Looks fine to me.

Uhhmm sorry 'bout that ...... I was misunderstood.

I was wondering about if it is possible to consider the exchangin as resourcing. In fact You change the card but it can be considered also as a new resourcing so you can activate the Underground Press response. (?)

phantomsurfer said:

Uhhmm sorry 'bout that ...... I was misunderstood.

I was wondering about if it is possible to consider the exchangin as resourcing. In fact You change the card but it can be considered also as a new resourcing so you can activate the Underground Press response. (?)

No, I understood fine. I agree that that combo should work fine.

I'm sorry, The-Big-Show, but I don't realy understand why you said that exchanging a ressource shall be considered as adding a new ressource to your domain ....

Let's say you gat a Domain A, with 3 ressources.

You play north church, you exchange a card from your hand with a ressource.

Underground press would'nt trigger, as you did'nt ADD any ressource to your domain A, which as still 3 ressources.

The previous ressource was attachd, that's okay, but once you start your exchange, it's considered as a simple ressource. You don't create a new occurence on ressourcing.

I might be wrong, but that's how I would rule it on tournaments.

I'd rule it the same way Prodigee would.

Then again, given the pretty fluid and sometime plain wierd rules clarifications we got over time by the dev team, I'd directly mail Nate. Or Paul. Or whoever is in charge to answering these things.

Mainly i set the query because by the time you exchange a card from a domain you de- resource a domain (?) , and later you'll put a new card so in fact you add a resource ( so you are resourcing) . It is a Kind of ethimological i know but i think was enaough to spent some time about that.

I know Cannon or Marius would explain it pretty well, but I'll do my best :

Norch Church has an Action, that allow you to exchange a ressource from a domaine with a card from your hand.

It open a window of action, which allow you to do this effect. A ressource is taken, one's given at the same time. So, there's no occurence for a de-ressourcing and a ressourcong, as the domain itself don't change, only the ressource on it.

I hope I explained myself well, in case not, my bad sad.gif

PRODIGEE said:

I'm sorry, The-Big-Show, but I don't realy understand why you said that exchanging a ressource shall be considered as adding a new ressource to your domain ....

Sorry, would have replied yesturday but work MAC doesn't like the FFG forums. sad.gif

The way I look at it is that even though its a swap you are still technically adding a new resource because its a different card. For me its more about the intent rather than purely the wording. Now if I'm wrong, fine, hands up.

north church says 'exchange' not attach so i dont think the two cards work together either.

Last night while attempting to learn AGoT, this topic came up during a wording discussion in that game. Two of the other players do play CoC, the third does not but is an experienced CCGer. Looking at the cards and the rules, all three of my companions agreed that dispite it being a swap, you are still attaching a new card. Theres no mechanics or rules to state that an attach is only done when playing a new resource.