Old Expansion Packs

By Ephraim2, in A Game of Thrones LCG

Can someone still get all the expansion packs? Is AGOT considering reprinting old expansion packs like Call of Cthulhu LCG?

Im considering the game but it looks like there's been at least 6 sets with 6 packs each. (36 total??) + several expansions.

Ephraim said:

Can someone still get all the expansion packs? Is AGOT considering reprinting old expansion packs like Call of Cthulhu LCG?

Im considering the game but it looks like there's been at least 6 sets with 6 packs each. (36 total??) + several expansions.

There have been 5 cycles:

1. Clash or Arms
  2. Time for Ravens
  3. King's Landing
  4. Defenders of the North
  5. Brotherhood without Banners

None of these (except for Brotherhood) are currently announced as reprints, but so far it appears that can all still be obtained (I own a game store, and I can still order packs from all the cycles).

There have also been 4 Deluxe expansions, with a new one coming out in a few weeks (along with the reprint of the first one, Kings of the Sea, in the triplicate format).

I would not let the number of packs out there scare you off. I have had new players start in the last 6-9 months who are slowly picking up the older sets (they only get the ones they want if they can't the card(s) they are looking for via other channels). And it is possible to make competitive and playable decks with just a few packs/cycles.

Thanks for taking the time to provide your detailed response.

JerusalemJones said:

but so far it appears that can all still be obtained (I own a game store, and I can still order packs from all the cycles).

I assume youre in the 'States yes? Ive been ordering from Ireland and Clash of Arms through Kings Landing arent available anymore. Maybe its just my local store being goofy (God knows they waffle up orders ocasionally) but Ive checked regularly over the last few months and older chapter packs havnt been orderable (?)

I dont know weather or not this is just Ireland being inconventient as always or a general international drawback of older chapter packs. What do you think this would mean?

Most British online stores still have most of the change of Seasons and King's Landing Cycles in stock, and some even have a few Clash of Arms chapter packs left lying around.. I'm sure shipping to Ireland won't cost too much from the UK, and you definitely won't have to pay tax because its coming from another EU country. Check out boardgameguru.co.uk or gameslore.com - between them, they should have pretty much all of Change of Seasons and King's Landing.

Tomdidiot said:

Most British online stores still have most of the change of Seasons and King's Landing Cycles in stock, and some even have a few Clash of Arms chapter packs left lying around.. I'm sure shipping to Ireland won't cost too much from the UK, and you definitely won't have to pay tax because its coming from another EU country. Check out boardgameguru.co.uk or gameslore.com - between them, they should have pretty much all of Change of Seasons and King's Landing.

Is cool, I order straight from FFG anyway, with the Dollar/Euro echange rate any money Id save on the Euro being stronger I spend on shipping so it ends up costing me the same as in my local gamestore =P

I was just wondering if this lack of original chapter packs being restocked was in any way an indicator that theyre trying to make room to re-print them.

running a store in europe i can say that its no problem to still get ALL chapter packs for AGOT.

Huh, maybe its just my local store then? Who knows!