Arkham Horror Card Storage

By Master Fwiffo, in Fan Creations

Ok, so I've reached the point that I realize I need some better storage solutions. I'm looking for some boxes that I can store my Arkham Horror cards in. I've found a few tuckbox printout designs over at Board Game Geek, but I don't like them (mostly because they are all sized for exactly only the base game cards, and not any expansion cards). My question then is what are you people using for storage, what designs do you have that I can copy for my own use?

It's a big bonus if it's a storage solution that doubles as a play solution.

For the small sized cards and tokens I use a pair of cheap clear plastic tackle boxes. The compartments are just the right width for the cards to lay face down in and appart from a few of the lesser used decks I can store one deck per compartment and draw right from the box. My big cards are in an 18" cardboard card box, it only just fits all of the big cards currently printed.

Also, bear in mind that the length of the small cards is the width of the large ones. when you take out the small cards, you can put the large cards in the holders and have a dispenser for the relevant location cards.

I have 6 x 4 tier business card holders which hold all of my encounter cards (base plus inssmouth locations). They also hold the various blessings, memberships, personal stories etc, plus enough Mythos cards to get through a whole game with the remainder in the box.

I keep all of the card holders in a shoe box and all of the remaining stuff in the box for the base game. It isn't a patch on some on the custom storage solutions but it is cheap and cheerful.

The business card holders simply get placed around the board during games - which takes up a much smaller footprint than having each location card flat on the table. This also saves time having to separate the location decks into piles.

I believe that I've written to each of you in the past...just curious if any of you have developed professional pieces for storage and as we've crafted and designed display components, I would be curious to hear your feedback. It helps us as a company.

I'm working on my own storage solution. The first box is on they way to be finished.

Goal 1: All location cards (including ALL expansions) in only one box.

Goal 2: Just open this box and place it on the table and all locations are prepared for playing.

The next goals are:

Second box for Mythos, Other World locations and all itemcards. I have to check if it is possible to put all these things in only one box. Sidegoal is like box 1, open it, place it on the table, all is prepared for play. I haver to work this out.

The final goal is to have all materials from all expasnions and core game in only 3 boxes.

I will put pictures here when finished the projekt. Some pictures of the first box will follow soon.