Why, when using all cards from the 3 products, old missions cards should be discarded?

By rsitaly, in Anima: The Card Game

Hello!

I'm not an expert of the game but sincerely I can't understand ... the TOTG manual states:

"To combine the decks, separate and group the cards from the games by category (Character, Advantage, Encounter, and Area). The only exceptions are the Mission cards from Shadow of Omega and Beyond Good and Evil, because they are not compatible with the Area cards from Twilight of the Gods. Players must remove the Mission cards from those games, leaving only the Mission cards from this expansion."

I can't see the reason really ... all of the other cards (Area, Encounters, etc ...) are present so every mission could be accomplished!

Can someone let me understand please?

Thanks in advance!

Roberto

rsitaly said:

Hello!

I'm not an expert of the game but sincerely I can't understand ... the TOTG manual states:

"To combine the decks, separate and group the cards from the games by category (Character, Advantage, Encounter, and Area). The only exceptions are the Mission cards from Shadow of Omega and Beyond Good and Evil, because they are not compatible with the Area cards from Twilight of the Gods. Players must remove the Mission cards from those games, leaving only the Mission cards from this expansion."

I can't see the reason really ... all of the other cards (Area, Encounters, etc ...) are present so every mission could be accomplished!

Can someone let me understand please?

Thanks in advance!

Roberto

As posted on BGG, it isn't gamebreaking but it does create a distortion in heavily emphasisingsome Location cards over others (the ones from the first set will appear much more). This can have an impact on play.

Ah i see :) Was wondering the same!