Players in northern Delaware?

By player1639623, in Call of Cthulhu LCG

I am fairly new to Call of Cthulhu and am looking for some places to play casual games. Does anybody knew if there were any stores that have events to meet other players and to play some games in the northern Delaware area?

If there aren't any stores or anything, are there any unofficial groups/leagues, etc. in the area?

Well, this doesn't help you directly, but we are hosting a Regionals Tournament a little north of you in Roslyn, PA (just outside Philadelphia borders) on June 4 at 7th Dimension Games, and we do play casually there every Saturday morning/afternoon...

That's quite a drive for me, but I'll keep it in mind for the casual play if there's nothing closer. I don't have enough cards and am probably way too green to participate competitively at this point.

I would really just like to get playing more. So far I have been unable to convince my wife to play it with me, so looking around the area was the next logical step.

Well, let me know if you every want to stop by Roslyn - we're just off the PA turnpike (Willow Grove), so probably about 1 hour from N DE (takes me about 1 hour to get to Wilmington).

Hey-

Im not sure how Northern Delaware you are, but Between Books on Philadelphia Pike, in Claymont , has a FFG group that plays a few of the card games. They usually meet on Tues nights from 5-8ish (closing).

I usually head over there on Wed nights to play what ever is the flavor of the night (Arkham Horror, MonPoc, Dreamblade...), but I'd be willing to meet and play some casual games with you. Theres a couple other local guys who played the CCG in the past and might jump onboard if they see people playing again.

I used to play other games (Magic, 40k) at Between Books nearly weekly for years, so that could work quite nicely. I tried looking up a schedule online, but their site is pretty terrible.

I can probably not commit to playing every Tuesday until I reschedule my current Tuesday commitments, but I can probably sneak out of them here and there until then. Would you be interested in playing next Tuesday (4/19/11)? Between books is about a 20 minute drive for me (from Newark), so I'd probably be able to get there at about 6pm.

I'm glad you guys hooked up! But I also want to plug our Regionals Tournament on June 4, and see if we can get a Delaware contingent? We have a group from NYC heading down, and of course the SE Philly gang...

What do you think?

Ino said:

I used to play other games (Magic, 40k) at Between Books nearly weekly for years, so that could work quite nicely. I tried looking up a schedule online, but their site is pretty terrible.

I can probably not commit to playing every Tuesday until I reschedule my current Tuesday commitments, but I can probably sneak out of them here and there until then. Would you be interested in playing next Tuesday (4/19/11)? Between books is about a 20 minute drive for me (from Newark), so I'd probably be able to get there at about 6pm.

I would call ahead they're there almost every Tues, but sometimes something comes up. I know they play Game of Thrones, and some Warhammer: Invasion, but Im not sure how much CoC they play.

Tues is a bad day for me. I have a bunch of obligations I can't get out of every week, but Im at Between Books almost every Wed night from about 6 until closing. If you wanna coordinate something, I'll bring a deck or two when I go to BB on my regular Wed night.

If you played weekly at Between Books, I may actually know you. Ive been going to BB off and on for a while.

So is Tuesday night at Between Books' set aside as an LCG night, then? I'd be interested in checking it out just out of curiosity.

I could meet up on a Wednesday night, instead. Is Wednesday night Between Books' open gaming night, or something? What games are generally played?

As for coming up to a regional event, TheProfessor, I am probably not quite interested, yet. It's a tad far of a drive, especially considering that I'm nowhere near competitive. Once I get more experience (and find a deck that I think can compete), I may check it out. But thanks for the invite!

Ino said:

So is Tuesday night at Between Books' set aside as an LCG night, then? I'd be interested in checking it out just out of curiosity.

I could meet up on a Wednesday night, instead. Is Wednesday night Between Books' open gaming night, or something? What games are generally played?

As for coming up to a regional event, TheProfessor, I am probably not quite interested, yet. It's a tad far of a drive, especially considering that I'm nowhere near competitive. Once I get more experience (and find a deck that I think can compete), I may check it out. But thanks for the invite!

Tues night is FFG card games night. They definitely play Game of Thrones, and some Warhammer: Invasion.

Wed Night is open game night. Basically bring whatever and theres usually 10-12 guys hanging out playing stuff. Typical games are Arkham Boardgame, Heroclix, Monpoc, Dreamblade, Bloodbowl...

Thurs- 40k and Warmachine

Fri - Open

Sat- Heroclix tourney, and some open gaming.

Sun- Star trek CCG tourney play.

Wed is my best night. I go to BB every Wed so it won't disrupt any familiy stuff. Ill start packing a couple decks when I go there now on. I bet a few of the guys will jump in, they all like the Arkham Boardgame.

If you would be interested in meeting to play this week, I will can be there this Wednesday (4/20/11), if you don't mind missing some of your normal gaming.

Ino said:

If you would be interested in meeting to play this week, I will can be there this Wednesday (4/20/11), if you don't mind missing some of your normal gaming.

Sure! I'll build a couple decks. I usually get there a little after 6:00

Ino said:

I didn't realize I have an appointment to run one of my kids to this evening, I may not be able to get there until late. If you still consider going, bring 2 decks, Im sure you can get a game going with one of the guys there, or even get in on something else going on.

This Saturday, June 4th, we are running Regionals up here in Roslyn, PA. It would be great to get some Delaware representation and show FFG that the region supports Call of Cthulhu! Let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything I can do to facilitate your attendance.