Warhammmer 40k CCG?

By TheJokerCPC, in UFS Off Topic

I've read there was a big shakeup over this entire line and of who owns the rights but I was wondering if anybody has heard of them reviving the CCG game of 40k. I love the universe and all the races in it but don't have the money to play the actual gae seeing how expensive it is. The closest thing I can get actually get into are the comics and the videogames.

ok sooooooo 13 views and nobody has a shread of insightful information?

There was a Warhammer battle pack released for UFS, but sadly it's not tournament legal. I haven't heard anything about a 40K CCG. If it does show up, there will most likely be a forums for it on this site.

That's cool that they released a battle pack but I want a whole set like how Magic the Gathering has. I'm kind of getting tired of playing heroclix all the time at my comic shop....sigh.

if nobody has heard any news on this, is there at least a CCG that closely resembles 40k and is still active?

TheJokerCPC said:

I've read there was a big shakeup over this entire line and of who owns the rights but I was wondering if anybody has heard of them reviving the CCG game of 40k. I love the universe and all the races in it...

Sadly GW doesn't, and doesn't let people who use their license do that either. I've spoken to Black Library authors who've had massive chunks of their literature chopped apart because it wasn't totally licking the ceramite ass-plates of the Space Marines. In short... when they decide to make a Warhammer 40K ANYTHING where an Eldar Exarch can beat up any Space Marine hero (as they should be able to with countless millenia of experience all dedicated to killing between their combined spirits)... then wake me up and I might start liking Warhammer again. However I've not read a single piece of fiction, seen a single videogame cutscene, played a single 40K game where the Eldar are treated in a way even nearly befitting their fluff. Infact anything not Imperium in 40K just serves to make the Imperium look cooler when it gets beaten. It makes me sick... WHich is a shame too because I do really love the 40K world and I really do love all the races. It's just sad that somewhere along the way GW felt the need to only satisfy it's Space Marine fanbase, and take that need to an unecessary extreme that alienates (No pun intended) the rest of their fans.

TheJokerCPC said:

I've read there was a big shakeup over this entire line and of who owns the rights but I was wondering if anybody has heard of them reviving the CCG game of 40k. I love the universe and all the races in it but don't have the money to play the actual gae seeing how expensive it is. The closest thing I can get actually get into are the comics and the videogames.

Nothing on that front, and I would definitely doubt it if they did.