Green Team reputation

By zombrick, in Death Angel

I will start off by saying that I have only played about a dozen solo games (and haven't won a single one). I started reading through the forums to make sure I was interpreting everything correctly and for the most part I was. Then I started seeing a lot of negativity towards the green marines. i also have read some posts about how to make the game more interesting.

So I am combining the two into a personal mission and that is to not only win my first game but to do it with green marines in the roster. I have played twice so far with this and both times I chose green and grey (another team that gets bad publicity) and then I randomly choose my third team (red both times). I still haven't won but I did make it to the final location in one of the games. I agree that green is a challenge. I am wondering if anyone else has thought to take up the green banner and see if they could secure regular victories with the most ridiculed team in the game? It's not easy being green....

I also want to add that I really like this game!

i lost last night with the green, grey and red at the librarium vault having 8 of the 10 tokens honestly i dont think the green teams as bad as people make them out to be

loken14 said:

i lost last night with the green, grey and red at the librarium vault having 8 of the 10 tokens honestly i dont think the green teams as bad as people make them out to be

No, they are much, much worse. Today lost, yep, Green team involved. Things were going fine (read: Green didn't screw things up, they might've actually attacked and killed a GS sorpresa.gif ) until Wrath of Baal Chapel, then first Noctis dies despite a Support token. Turn later, Gideon dies, leading to a unanticipated defense roll and death of Claudio. Thank you Green team, you show up and then head home, taking out the one guy who is actually pulling his weight, compensating for your pathetic everything. Struggled onto the Librarium Vault, where managed 6 tokens in the first turn, Hull Breach + Zael. But couldn't pull through.

loken14 said:

honestly i dont think the green teams as bad as people make them out to be

I´m asking the same question quite often. Gideon has crappy range, that´s true, but I think they hit their target even when they roll 4, which makes them both kill up to 3 GS, and that´s very good ability. I´m gonna play with them soon to really try them out, maybe invent some tactics, and not just whine they are bad. Then I´m gonna tell you :)

Last time the Greens were in, I made it to location 3, then made the fatal mistake of thinking the Greens are doing alright. Gideon had blown up Promethium Tank in location 2, killing 4 GS (after they got moved there by Strategize). I mean, Green team is just the one to use for suicide tasks like that. Then:

"So the Marines arrive in the Wrath of Baal Chapel with a couple of stealers out there. They quickly take them out, but then more, awkward spawns start popping up. And then the casualties start, predictably from the Green team. Noctis fails a defense roll despite a Support token. Following turn, Gideon dies, not only eliminating the Green team, but also forcing Claudio to defend from behind, resulting in his death as well. Way to go Green! "

Is it poor Green team design, or bad luck?

Green team was designed cursed lengua.gif . Today added another mark of shame to their name. Defending just won't win games for you, had a Door with 5 Support tokens on it when I travelled, still left 5 GS in formation mainly because the Green team just can't get kills in numbers.

I think they were designed to be exactly what they are. If all the teams were the same it would make the game boring. I see posts already on the forum where people have designed marines to be able to face both directions or have 2 hit points. This is because winning the game is hard, it is supposed to be hard. I have even seen post for variants to make the game more difficult. You want the game to be harder without creating a variant? Choose the green marines and figure them out. I don't think they are broken, they are just unique in how they mesh with the mechanic.

Now I will sit and wait for all the haters to tell me how bad Gideon sucks. I still have yet to win with the green marines but it is actually pretty entertaining playing them, praying before their dice rolls EVERY TIME and trying not to be too disappointed and succumbing to giving up on them. Plus I like to see how strong the opinions are against them by my fellow players. So if you read this and have not yet been subjected to the misadventures of Team Green, help me take up the banner and fix the bad rep these guys get.

Unfortunately, I think the Green team has infected the Orange team with its horrible luck, as Adron keeps missing with his Cyclone despite 5/6 odds of hitting (as in range 0-1) llorando.gif .

i think green team aint that bad. I just think they need a little knowledge of how to play them and with the black or orange team theyre actually pretty good. Killin 1 enemy 1/2 the time and 3 enemies 1/6 the time shy of orange and yellow they are the most likely to actually score a kill plus block is good if used right. and run and gun allows u to move then attack if u have the aupport to spare

Seriously, green ain't all that bad!

I had a victory recently with green, blue and black, using an ultra-defensive, genestealer crowd-control strategy.

Their dead-aim ability can also come in handy sometimes, when luck is on your side.

Hi

Is it a green team's bad luck or player bad luck ;) ?

Strangely, the green team have the better statitics for attack purpose: each other team have their kind of "super" marine, but in the green one each green marine have only 33% chance of failure while attacking (only when the die roll 0 or 5), and on a 4, they have a sort of "critical" hit.

And the best part is that not only it raise their attack potential, but it does it for all members the teams, so even if you lose one marine, the capacity is still effective.

Honestly, I won't count on this "critical" capacity, but having a team with greater attack potential could be usefull.

I think that the green team must be used wisely, it is the sort of team that must be used cautiously, using their drawback and advantages at their best, maybe a tricky team to use.

I happen to love the Green Team... I don't lose when they are in my lineup... I usually choose them and Black (Librarian) and use mostly move and activates from both those teams... this allows me to move through the locations fairy quickly...whatever third choice take I use on defence... using them to place support tokens on green and black... I say all this with the caveat that I have yet to receive my expansion packs so I have only played with the main box...

Run And Gun Rocks... lol...

If you had the expansion, you'd know Librarian is in the Grey team, Chaplain is the special dude of the Black team gui%C3%B1o.gif .

Also, how exactly does M+A allow you to move through locations faster? For the Grey team I can understand, they can kill a card from one or two blip piles, but Green? Greens are not even worth putting Support tokens on, Greens are there to take all the (un)necessary risks like activating the Promethium Tank or Hull Breach (expansion Terrain) lengua.gif .

Red team is worse other than range and that is barely useful, sometimes.

Green team chance to kill 3 genestealers in a turn, both marines firing (33%)

Red team chance to kill 3 genestealers in a turn, both marines firing (12.5%)

Uncle Kulikov said:

At least Red's M+A put two tokens on the Door (vs Green's that has you spend tokens to make a normal attack bostezo.gif ). And Green's chances of both firing are reduced when you take into account range 0 for Gideon. Or that putting him in range of a 3 GS swarm and have him attack, leaves him with a 50-50 defense roll unless he rolls a 4.

Dam said:

Uncle Kulikov said:

At least Red's M+A put two tokens on the Door (vs Green's that has you spend tokens to make a normal attack bostezo.gif ). And Green's chances of both firing are reduced when you take into account range 0 for Gideon. Or that putting him in range of a 3 GS swarm and have him attack, leaves him with a 50-50 defense roll unless he rolls a 4.

If i'm rolls a 4 in "run and gun" action card, how many genestealers i should slain? 0 or 3?

In my games i'm consider a miss atack, this is right?

For me the worse of green team is Gideon 0 range, but with them i'm can atack more than one round in sequence and

"dead aim" ability save me a lot of times but less than I'm rolls a 0 when use "heroic Charge" enfadado.gif .

Unfortunately, you only get the Kill 3 genestealers on a 4 when Green Team plays it's Attack action card. Otherwise all of the teams would be better, and both Green and Red's sac a token to attack would be much more useful.

The last game of Death Angel I played with friends involved Green Team. We were fighting Tyranid and we were at the final location with easily more than half our guys. Suddenly, everyone started just dropping like flies because of unlucky rolls and Lictors flanking. Remarkably, somehow the game came down to two regular Tyranids and Sergent Gideon.

Gideon Blocked, Tyranids miss, Gideon attacked and missed, Gideon defends. Gideon Blocked, Tyranids miss, Gideon attacked and killed one! Tyranid misses. Gideon Blocked. Gideon attacks, misses! Tyranid attacks and misses! Gideon Blocked. Gideon attacks and kills Tyranid! Between the much needed support token rerolls from Block, we were laughing hysterically at the stupidity of it all.

Though Green is my least favorite color, Gideon proved he is no heretic from that legendary mission alone.

Sounds fairly lucky to be able to attack on alternate turns. Usually with one marine left, enemies always seem to flank. Were you using M+A or were the 'nids just not flanking?

Dam said:

Sounds fairly lucky to be able to attack on alternate turns. Usually with one marine left, enemies always seem to flank. Were you using M+A or were the 'nids just not flanking?

Yeah, they weren't flanking. The Liktors died a while ago but they were the reason why we got crushed towards the beginning of the end for sure. I did forget he had to turn around using a move+activate too, at first. He missed his shot the first time on that M+A too with the support token he had on him. So every turn, he was either doing a Block and gaining a support token or performing an attack, and I believe he was using his rerolls for his Dead Aim instead of defense, and he missed so many times... I was very surprised to see him live through it. Luckily he wasn't flanked because before the psychic on gray team died, he wiped the other three or so gene-stealers on the other side of the formation. Otherwise, yeah, that would have been game over.

Tromdial said:

...he wiped the other three or so gene-stealers on the other side of the formation.

Meant Tyranids, not gene-stealers.