Looking forward to this one!

By Nighthawk6, in Red November

After reading the rules, this game seems pretty fun. Playing a game where you're supposed to save gnomes from drowning is a first for me at least.

It's a hoot! We won our first game, but only just. It took a concerted effort by all of us to win. Even then, it was close! There's nothing like trying to make your way through a sub that has a majority of its doors locked, fires running amok and standing water in the remaining rooms. Talk about Gnomic ingenuity!

Luke warm on this title but warming up to it. Besides the coop nature of it, I like that it is a full-size game packed into the silverline box.

I've picked this one up but have as yet to play it. I do love the look and subject matter for the game and hope to get a game played as soon as today! I love the pieces for the game and the little Gnomes might get a dash of paint especially if this one is a constant favourite at the gaming table. I was also surprised at the amount of stuff packed into that little box. I ended up taking the box insert out just to fit everything in it.

I have been debating on picking up a copy of this because I keep hearing its very difficult to win. Now I don't want some sissy game that I always win at which is why I love Arkham Horror and all its expansions but roughly what is the win/lose ratio for the game? And to those who played what did they love the most about the game and what did they loathe?

What is this game about?

Looks quite funny... gran_risa.gif

ColtsFan76 said:

Luke warm on this title but warming up to it. Besides the coop nature of it, I like that it is a full-size game packed into the silverline box.

I've been singing the praises of this game since Friday of GenCon. You won't be sorry.

Quite agree re: 'full sized game'..in mini box. Excellent value and a fun game to boot!

Only had one game so far...but my group loved it!

What do you love most about the game? I think I shall pick up a copy.

I've been seeing it on the shelf at my local game store. If I can get enough friends interested in it, I'll certainly pick up a copy. So far, your descriptions certainly have me leaning heavily towards purchasing. gui%C3%B1o.gif

i think this looks kinda like pandemic... i have to pick up a copy me thinks (not very expansive for what you get!)

I'll be picking up a copy of this sometime as well. If not before Christmas, then by then definately.

I own the game as I love the theme. Howeve I didn't play it yet. Yesterday was a chance there to play it, but we played Battlestar Galacitica. This one will be the next one in the gamingpipe.

After having read the online rulebook, I had the possibility to play a game at the Vienna Gamefair last weekend and was not disappointed.

I just love the cooperative aspect in games, so I was easyly convinced into buying the game straight away. I can't wait to bring it to my gaming group.

Dark.

PS: another most interesting game I can recomment to buy is "Space Alert" by Czech Games ( http://www.czechgames.com/ ) which I could also test. It is very untypical and more than just a game. It is also played cooperatively and includes team-based decision taking within a time-restrained environment. I would call it a team-building tool.

Personally, this game is awesome, cooperative game to stop a sinking submarine with a "steam-punkie" gnomish look, really cant get much better. The cooperative part is fun, its simple to play, and you should be able to get most gamers to try it once. Which in turn should make them want to play more. Yes to win it is a challenge, but its a good challenge. And if you are lucky enough to snag a "aqua lung" them you can just swim out and let the sub sink, then you can win solo. Or you could make you gamer friends mad and hit one over the head with a "crowbar" and knock em out!

Final thought is its extremely fun and hard core gamers and casual gamers alike will enjoy this game! Lots of laughs.