Rout markets and attacking units

By Ektelioth, in Horus Heresy

Hello everyone,

First thread here, as I could not find the answer on the French forums of the game. Please forgive any error in the name of cards/units because I only know them in French! And any language mistakes...

I'd like to get a little clarification on a situation that happened in our first game. I had a Chaos Horde in a zone which was attacked and a "Terrifying" card to play, but I wondered if the three routed units were targeted simultaneously or sequentially. My point is that for the Defense lasers the targetting is sequential, which is why I ask if it is a different case here. If it is sequential, then a rout marker has to be put on the origin area (the only zone where an attacking units can flee is the origin zone, isn't it?) after the first unit is routed, right? And then the other two units must be destroyed because of the rout marker?

Please tell me if I'm wrong somewhere, because I thought this card a bit powerful... Ok, it can only target weaker units, but it can do as much as 6 damage to the opponent in a round!

Thanks in advance for your answers!

You pick all three, then rout all three at the same time.

Thank you. So, in fact, the sequential targetting is only an exception which occurs during the lasers' action?

Most (all?) of the time if you're asked to draw from the Bombard deck, you do them one at a time (Fulgrim's corrupting effectthe Slaanesh Unit Combat Effect).