Battle system funk

By Tunnelhckrat, in StarCraft

I love the way the game is played and setup. My one complaint is the battle system, I can understand using cards to improve a units ability or something. But why am I gonna pay more resources for a unit and when it comes to battle i dont have the right card and my expensive unit goes to crap?

With a Research order, you can add 3 Combat cards to your hand and you draw 3 more on the attack (and one while defending - or more, if your race has a special capability).
It can happen that one has almost all his combat cards in hand (I even have been in the situation where I could not draw as much as them as possible, as I had all the cards in my hand).
Of course, there remains a randomness about the card draw - but if one used dice, for an example, the randomness would also be included into the system.

Note, too, that during Regroup, you can select the cards that you keep, so your hand organization can improve a little from turn to turn.

In SC, the luck factor is present, but one can play with probabilities - as in many wargames or other boardgames.
Things don't always developed as hoped - but that goes in both positive and negative ways.