Question about Retreat Cloaking, SupportUnits and Control a area

By Pickeboo, in StarCraft

Hello i searched a littlebit in the forum but have not found my answers.

I have the game since christmas (only starcraft, not broodwar), read the rulebook and played some games. Now some things i am not sure how they work:

1. When I am attacking and the defending unit has cloak and i have no detector. Both units are not killed in the battle. Who has to retreat? The attacker?

2. Battles where one side only has support units

2a. The rulebook says that when you have only support units in a battle, one of them gets the frontunit and i have to play a battlecard (or how they are called in english :) ). On the battlecard I have the numbers for attack and health and of course i will have to use the smaller numbers, but those a supportunit get a attack through that (i don't think so) or do i only play the battlecard for the defense, or for nothing?

2b. What happens when i attack with a zergling and the defender has only a siencevessel or a arbiter (a flying support unit) in the area? My zergling can't attack air and i think the arbiter can't kill my zergling. Does my zergling has to retreat after the battle or the support unit?

(i know that a siencevessel with the siencecard radiat can do splashdamage and kill the zergling, but thats not my question)

3. When is area "controlled"? When my unit or a base is in the area? What is with a planet i have a base an no enemy is on it. Do I control all the areas of that planet or only the one where my base or a unit is in?

4. My building limite is counted per buildorder or per round?

Allready many thanks for your help! I know my english isn't the best but i hope i could make my self clear.

And an other question:

5. I have tank and 3 Marines in a area and the attacker comes with a flying unit. Of course he chooses to set the tank in the front and the 3 Marines only assist. Do i have a attack power against air even if my frontunit is a tank? Every supporting marine gives me +1 attack power, but the tank can't shoot at air. So is my attackpower against air 3? So if the attacker has (unlikely) a bad combatcard i can kill his unit? If i have a defensemodul in that area i would have +4 against air?

6. How do i a double post?

1. Correct, if both side survive, the attacker units must retreat. (Rule page 32 - 33)

2. In that case, that side have to choose one of those supporting unit to be front-line unit

and the rest of them will be supporting unit normally. (Rule page 38 - 39)

2a. Well, since it become a front-line unit. They will have Health and Attack value

as same as combat card that you play, they can fight back and have health value (even it is very weak).

2b. If both side survive the battle, and defender side has only "Assist unit" left.

The defender unit must retreat (Rule page 32 - 33, this case is apply even the attacker units only have "Assist unit" also)

3. Who control the area will always be determine after execute order. (Rule page 15)

But you will only get resource card at step 3 of regroup phase only. (After all order tokens have been used)

- You will control "Area" that you have "Your unit" or "Your base without enemy unit" on it.

- You will get resource card from "Area" that you control but you have to have "Base" on those "Planet"

- In the case that you build "Your base" on that "Planet" you will get all resource card from the

"Area" you control and "Area that no one control".

- If other player build "Base" on the same planet that you have a base

you don't need to give resource card of "Area that no one control" that you already taken.

4. Building limit is count per order.

In the first round of the game if you use 4 build orders, you can build 8 units.

5. Your tank will have a "Final attack value" = Combat card value + (1 + 1 + 1) + 1 (Rule page 34, 41)

Suppose that it is "Sufficient" to kill enemy unit, but since enemy unit is only a flying, so it not die.

(Support unit only "Add attack value" to front-line unit but did not attack enemy unit instead of front-line unit)

6. Well, I don't know what you mean... but if you refer to "Edit" button, it is on the gray tab above the body message.

Thank you very much, PCichigo!!!

about my question 2.

So a support unit can kill units?!? On the race-sheet every normal unit has a symbol if they can attack ground units and/or air units. A support unit has no picture there but the text: "support unit". So how can you know if they (for example a queen) can attack ground or air?

Even if the rules say that they get a attack, i will make that they get a health value but no attack. Makes more sense for me, since in the PC-game the most of the units didnt had a attack.

about question 3.

So i control all areas where i have a unit or a base. For example when i have a eventcard where i can place units i can place them on all areas where the enemy has no unit or base. So even when a area has only a base but no unit the player controls it.

about question 6.

lol, sry. I wanted to post: how can i *delete* a double post? :) So now i know where i can find the edit button so i will try to my double post.

Q2. Yes, they can kill unit by combat card if they can target them.

(But usually they can't because they can not target)

Sorry for confusing you, the answer for "can kill" or "can target" is different for me : )

Q3. Correct, the "Friendly area" (or area that you control)

refer to area that contain "Your unit" or "Your base without enemy unit on it" (Rule page 6)

Q6. No problem : D