heroes questions

By ClanNatioy2, in Battlelore

A lot of the cards refer to "your hero" what does this mean? For example the blademaster card for the field commander says "your field commander hero uses one additional battle dice in melee combat." Does this mean when the field commander is in the role of champion or leader an extra dice is rolled? so if a starting out field commander took the blademaster skill he would be rolling two dice in combat and if he was a leader with a green unit they would roll 3 dice, if he was with a blue 4 dice, with a red 5 dice?

So basically what I'm asking is does the term hero apply to both champions and leaders?

Also If a card has a lore cost can I use it multiple times on a single triggering action unless the card says otherwise? for example the cleric's chant card says "lore cost:2 enemy units attacking your cleric hero roll one less battle die in melee. this skill may not be used when an enemy is battling back. use before battle dice are rolled." So with this card could I pay 6 lore and reduce an enemy's attack by three dice?

From the FAQ thread:

Here is the Hero card guide from Richard Borg:

BattleLore

Skill and Artifact Cards Quick Review!

Hero Class Skill Cards

When a Hero Class Skill Card refers to the Character by class followed by the word “Hero”, the Skill card effect works when the Hero is acting as Leader or when the Hero is acting as a Champion.

When a Hero Class Skill Card refers to the Character by class followed by the word “Champion”, the Skill card effect only works when the Hero is acting as a Champion.

When a Hero Class Skill Card refers to the Character by class followed by the word “Leader”, the Skill card effect only works when the Hero is acting as Leader.

All Field Commander Skill cards have Field Commander Hero, except “Riding” which reads Field Commander Champion.

All Warrior Skill Cards have Warrior Hero, except “Hack-and Slash” and “Riding” which read Warrior Champion.

All Rogue Skill Cards have Rogue Hero, except “Riding” which reads Rogue Champion.

Some Cleric Skill Cards have Cleric Hero, except “Herbal Remedy” which reads Cleric Leader, “Pray for the Dying’ which should have the word Hero following Cleric (sorry about this), “Healing Hands” and “Riding” which read Cleric Champion.

Non-Class Specific Skill Cards

When a Non-Class specific Skill Card has the word “Hero”, the Skill card effect works when the Hero is acting as Leader or when the Hero is acting as a Champion. All Non-Class specific Skill Cards have the word Hero, except “Horse Vaulter”.

When a Non-Class specific Skill Card has the word “Champion”, the Skill card effect only works when the Hero is acting as a Champion. Currently no Non-Class specific Skill Card has the word Champion.

When a Non-Class specific Skill Card has the word “Leader”, the Skill card effect only works when the Hero is acting as a Leader. “Horse Vaulter” has the word “Leader”, the Skill card effect only works when the Hero is acting as a Leader.

Artifact Card Use

Artifact card use is explained in the Heroes rules booklet on page 9. There are three card examples:

Any Hero can use an Artifact card with a green symbol. The green symbol on this card is circled in red.

Artifact cards that have a yellow symbol can only be used by a Hero that is acting as a Champion. The yellow symbol on this card is circled in red.

Artifact cards that have a blue symbol can only be used by a Hero that is acting as a Leader. The blue symbol on this card is circled in red.

Enjoy!

Richard Borg

Cheers,

Giles.

Thanks for the information caradoc.

Where did this come from? I couldn't find an faq thread that had Richard Borg give a response.

Do you have a link that I could use? or is this really all Richard Borg said?

That's an interesting question about the multiple responses to one trigger (2 lore to reduce attack by 1d, multiple times). I never really thought about that, but I am fairly sure there's some rule somewhere stating that you can't use multiple of one response to a certain trigger unless it specifies as such (e.g., Cost: 2 Lore per die removed).

awayputurwpn said:

That's an interesting question about the multiple responses to one trigger (2 lore to reduce attack by 1d, multiple times). I never really thought about that, but I am fairly sure there's some rule somewhere stating that you can't use multiple of one response to a certain trigger unless it specifies as such (e.g., Cost: 2 Lore per die removed).

The reason I asked that is because herbal remedy has a 3 lore cost and it states that the skill can only be used once during a melee combat dice roll. So this seems to imply that skills like chant and charismatic can be used multiple times.

TheKingOfBlades said:

awayputurwpn said:

The reason I asked that is because herbal remedy has a 3 lore cost and it states that the skill can only be used once during a melee combat dice roll. So this seems to imply that skills like chant and charismatic can be used multiple times.

But I do believe you can only do the trigger once. I've yet to hear anything to the contrary. Just seems to be "in tune" with everything (i.e if the card doesn't say you can do it multiple, you can only do it once).

Cab