Print on Demand... New hopes?

By Nirnel, in Android

Hi, I don't know wether I got the meaning of the new print on demand products. In the announcement, the word "cards" is mentioned, but I don't know wether board games could receive expansions of this kind or not. Could we finally see an Android expansion with this new aspect of FFG?

Although I'm afraid that the products might be a bit more expensive if they are produced in lesser numbers...

Nirnel said:

Hi, I don't know whether I got the meaning of the new print on demand products. In the announcement, the word "cards" is mentioned, but I don't know whether board games could receive expansions of this kind or not. Could we finally see an Android expansion with this new aspect of FFG?

Although I'm afraid that the products might be a bit more expensive if they are produced in lesser numbers...

That shouldn't matter, I would think: from what I understand, the prints are performed when someone wants a print (practically). Instead of making thousands of copies, the company just issues an announcement and whomever wants a unit, it's printed.

I hope they make District decks similar to the Location decks in Arkham.

I have wondered this myself, it would be a great option to bring something new to the game because an expansion doesn't look like it's coming anytime soon. With the PoD they could add some new Murder Sheets, characters would be possible with their own decks.