Well, this is new

By ultimateigor, in UFS Uk Forum

Sorry, just wanted first post while everyone else's off at the SF nationals.

Seriously though, did I miss something? Or was this completely out of the blue?

This has been quitely been worked upon by the FFG crew over the last several months.
It was just launched today. So for some folks it's a bit of a surprise.

And a very nice surprise it is too!

hurrah for new forums!! :-)

Yeah, this is kinda a surprise on us, FFG. Makes up for all of the clutter on the old forums!

And allows for totally NEW clutter!

It looks nice and clean right now, although it feels like a lot of clicking to get to where you want to go. Experience will make everything quicker, I guess.

Mark

There doesn't seem to be a PM system. That bothers me.

Hadn't noticed the lack of PM ability, hmmm, that's a bit of a pain, maybe it will be added................. happy.gif

Tallgeese said:

Hadn't noticed the lack of PM ability, hmmm, that's a bit of a pain, maybe it will be added................. happy.gif

Concept I've read elsewhere is you friend who you would like to PM, and it'll show you their email address.

Feel free to email FFG folks directly to request PMs.

: yeah I heard it was going on a friend list email stylie thing.. seems like an interesting change, although it's wider than the last forum, which is a little awkward but i'm sure I'll get used to it XD

The forums are pretty! a little bit strange but hey, i'll adapt.

I'm really peeved at the fact that you have to choose your avatar from a list of pictures, and it wouldnt show me the previews! -_-

But hey!

Steve put up the rest of those pictures!! nao plz!

This is very different. seems a bit overcomplicated at first. we'll get used to it though.

Saccharin said:

The forums are pretty! a little bit strange but hey, i'll adapt.

I'm really peeved at the fact that you have to choose your avatar from a list of pictures, and it wouldnt show me the previews! -_-

But hey!

Steve put up the rest of those pictures!! nao plz!

The forums are new, give them time I'm sure we'll be able to upload pictures as avatars eventually again. Also some of the pictures are on the old forums already.

I kinda miss the old forums, they seemed somewhat more simple, but then, we got used to the transition from STG to FFG, so I'm sure we can adapt again :)

Something new to get used to.

I miss my Phoenix Wright Avatars and animations :( Oh well, in time this should be fun.

Hmm.

Not many have joined up yet, its a bit of a ghost town.

And i still cant see my avatar ;_;

Its a nice change a bit like a blank canvas, at least it looks like they've put a bit of time and effort in to it.

I like the way they did the avatars before the pm dont bother me as much cause i didn't use it i just want my chibi seong mina back as my avatar

Awh i wish i could get my chibi ibuki scanned up and have that as mine.

>_< personally i dont think that they'll let us upload our own,

i think its been done for copyright and shizzle

I think it's more that they're trying to promote their own games on the forums. After all, if the only images you can choose from are from FFG games then it's a little bit more advertising for them.

Also gives them complete control over the content, so they can ensure that nobody posts anything inappropriate. There were a few avvys on the old forums where you had to wonder what people were thinking (and I'm not talking about Steve's old signature happy.gif ).

Oooh yeah thats a point rob, its for advertising!