new player need some help!

By fruiteater, in Descent Home Brews

Hi

I bought descent one or two weeks ago, We are three players (me and my brother and sister) and they arent likeing to controll two heroes each to muc ( the game is new and we are still learning the rules) and i was wondering if its possible for them to play with one hero each, that would make it two hero characters in total.

thanks in advance.

This topic should be in the main Descent Forum, not in the Home Brews subforum, which purpose is posting home-rule designed characters/variants/avatars/stuff.

By the way, the answer is Yes. You can play Descent with only 2 heroes around (use the monster-cards with the 2-3 number of them for monster profiles), but as a matter of fact, whenever the party is composed of only 2 heroes, it tends to loose inevitably to the power of the overlord. Let's say the game is a bit unbalanced in Overlord's favor when it's just 2 heroes against him. Anyway, you may still run a few games like that so that you all get confindent with the rules and than your brother and sister might be able to pick-up and maneuver 2 heroes each, making the game decisively more challenging to you.

When using only two heroes, you may also want to consider restricting the overlord to one card per turn instead of two.

Dan Howell