Ork Counter?

By player600456, in Warhammer Invasion Deck Building

Greetings!

I am new at this game and I was wandering what is the best way to counter ork massive attack damage? (I have the core set and assault on ulthuan) Every tactic I try seems to be getting shattered by orks mindless attack damage spam. I know there must be a way since I believe this game should be properly balanced but I just can't seem to see it. Thank you.

Too bad this forum is dead -.-

They were really strong at that point and without some key cards from different battle packs orc rush isn't easy to stop. Dark Elves should have some cheap ways to get rid of that fast 1 HP units.

Hmm, might be true, but that doesn't work for me since i play by the rulebook - Order only VS Destruction only :(

The rulebook doesn't say that you have to play Order vs Destruction.

Yeah, but since me and my mate are combining races (each of us takes 2 and makes a deck) I was wandering is there any decent Order counter to it?

Hi, order cards (from core set and assault on ulthuan) that might be helpfull against specifically orcs:

High Elf: Dragon Prince, Flames of the Phoenix, Radiant Gaze, Swordmasters of Hoeth

Dwarf: Dwarf Ranger, Master Rune of Dismay, Master Rune of Valaya, everything with toughness, Rune of Fortitude

Empire: Forced March, Franz's Decree, Judgement of Verena

Hope this helps for you

For HE you can also add Shadow Warrior but without adding important cards from the previous circle and last expansion they are quite helpless against any faction at this point. Namely Citadel of Dusk, Outpost of Tiranoc, Decendant of Indraugnir, Sea Guard Captain, Dreamer of Dragons + Dragon Mage Wakening, Charge of the Silverhelms. Another good card that gave Order in general a good boost is Order in Chaos.

Flames of the Phoenix is not so good as it may seem. Especially against low cost rush units it doesn't effectly prevent damage mainly because it can only be played on your turn. Giving Clan Moulders Elite, Spider Riders, etc. back to opponents hand while he has 3-4 resources in his turn allows him to play them again and attack for 4 dmg or so. It's more efficient when using against order builds that like to develop themselves over the turns but then you still have to look out for nasty "get in play" or "leave play" effects. It's also a good way to get indirect dmg where it should get ... into capital zones. But since the addition of Spawn of Ixl (destroy damaged unit) that's not really necessary because they somehow prevent laying dmg onto units with high HP.

One good card for dwarfes was Lure Them Out. It allows to get rid of Spider Riders and they can't even hit back (they only have attack power after they are declared as attacking unit). Grudge Thrower and Dwarf Ranger is also a good combo so try to be cheap with your unit selection. Slayers of Karak Khadrin are also a must have. Try to get 2 or 3 copies of Stand Your Ground and everything within dwarfes becomes way more easier.

Empire can use Peasant Militia, Sigmars Intervention, Pistoliers and Warrior Priests in addition to the Verena plan.

My greatest thanks guys. I will need some time to check these cards and tactics. I will feel free to ask here if I got any more questions on this topic :)