IH question RE: Extra Armor

By ChaosGyrine, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

In the IH on page154 table 5-2 Extra Armor is listed as cost 80 Wt +8kg and rare. However, on page 142 where the descriptions are there is no entry for Extra Armor. Does any one know where to find the description? Or perhaps someone knows where to find the benefits/ stats for this item?

Thanks!

Hm , good question.

I would choose one of the two following:

either increase the armour up to 12 OR

the armour looses the primitive quality.

Increase the armour to 12? Wow!

If my players wanted it I would tell them that everytime time they bought it, it would increase their tents armour by one each time.

But then I would remind them that if they have concerns about someone attacking their tent then they really ought to consider having someone on guard/watch gui%C3%B1o.gif

@Peacekeeper: well, it may be armor 12, but it's still primitive. That makes it very good against small animals and normal humans, but the big monsters still tear it down without a problem. Don't forget, that the IG uses these tents too because of their usefulnes, so they really should be something. After all, militaries are very pragmatique, allways substance over style.

If 12 is too strong for you, just upgrade it to 10 (or loose the primitive). Makes it still a rather safe spot against the elements or small animals. Every thing else should be clever or strong enough to not being stopped by a simple tent.

So technically it protects the against random small arms fire but it won't help you against orbital bombardment.

exactly. the only thing that helps against an orbital bombardment would be a bunker 60 feet below the surface.

So, against elements, small weapon fire, and pesky rodents.

The Extra Armour, isn't it listed in the Errata as an accessory for the tent? Beetle Tent I think?

The Extra Armour, isn't it listed in the Errata as an accessory for the tent? Beetle Tent I think?

I believe it is listed but it doesn't list exactly what it does.

It doesn't state how many APs it provides, I mena it is armour so its safe to asume that it does what armour does. I'll copy this omission into the errat thread so that Ross and others take note.