Napoleon

By erikwm, in Battles of Napoleon

Are there any other games that you can honestly compare to this one? For someone who is interested in it, but is looking for something similar to compare it to?

There are not many that can compare.

- Command and Colors: Napoleonics is in the same genre, but is more like "Napoleon '44" or a minor modification to C&C: Ancients.

- There area a few games with similar visual appeal, like Simmons Games: Napoleon's Triumph, but that is a completely different scale.

- There are tactical Napoleonic board games, like the La Battaille series from Clash of Arms but thats highly complex and detailed.

- Then, of course, there is playing with Napoleonic 15 or 25mm miniatures, which is probably the most satisfying tactical Napoleonic

Being a wargamer for more than 40 years I can say that Battles of Napoleon manages to blend just enough of the detail and control of miniatures with the cleanness and ease of a board game ... I can't really say there si anything quite like it.

Hi:

Battle Cry is a lighter version of the same tactics & epoch (using the same system for Battle Lore)... Only Battle Cry is the US Civil war!

L

Eric,

Battles of Napoleon is the game I play when I am not playing with 28mm miniatures so, as far as I am concerned, the nearest you will get to it is miniature wargames.

Regards,

Jim