Lords of the River, WotW, WotN rules online!

By DragonWhimsy, in Battles of Westeros

They've added the rules for all three expansions to BoW to the support page. Obviously the most interesting is the rulebook for Lords of the River but it's nice to have the others now too.

It's good to see the support page getting some... err... support. ;)

I've read through the rules now, they seem fun. House Tully feels different than House Lannister and Stark. Much more manuevable or able to increase their firepower at range. I was amused by the special ability of the Warriors of Wayfarers Rest that gives them a chance to steal an enemies order token. Feels right from raiders who specialize in hit and run tactics and who are always getting the on the enemy. Meanwhile the Tully Longbowmen are the most versatile ranged units in the game.

The commanders all seem interesting with both Edmure Tully and the Blackfish adding both power and versatility. Marq Piper seems a little more situational however.

Terrain wise we get more swamp hexes so if you also have the WotN expansion you'll be able to use them togther along with some river hexes and really create some chokepoints and a very difffernt feeling battlefield. I'm still loving the Outpost terrain and the hex for it looks nice.

The art included is very evocative I thought. My favorite is the archers on the rampart. But there's a great picture of Marq Piper too.

Looks like a fun expansion. Can't wait to see more of what Tribes of the Vale brings!

What I found really interesting was the part in the Skirmish game that indicates if more Ally figs that are called for than you have then you can substitute the same types of Units from the Main House.This leads me to wonder does LoTR (just noticed the initial match lengua.gif ) Skirmish cards call for more Tully figs than the expansion gives you?That would seem odd?

OD

The same rules were added to the BoW's FAQ. I'm betting it's just a standard rule that will always be included from here on.

Might be interesting to buy two Lords of the River sets and field an entire Tully army on it's own. There's just enough heroes to get away with that.