New Decks

By Captain Raff, in Wings of War (WWI)

Ah I hate my computer. Ok Take two.

Is there a place to just replace the decks? My damage deck is so battered from use, it's falling apart. Or do you have to buy a whole new game box?

for now, a whole new box is needed.

No one knows if they plan to release just a set of damage decks.

I myself would love to see A, B and C decks re-issued in a set pack.

Get the deluxe set, then you get 4 planes for cheaper price than you have to pay for just the planes if you bought them in blisterpacks and the cards as a bonus. A little paint if you already have them is a good idea too so you dont get 2 red barons ;)

Unfortunatly, the USA doesn't get that nice little box set. Wish we did though. So we're stuck with buying the 30 buck game again.

Captain Raff said:

Ah I hate my computer. Ok Take two.

Is there a place to just replace the decks? My damage deck is so battered from use, it's falling apart. Or do you have to buy a whole new game box?

After reading this, I may have to make a trip to Staples for laminating pouches... serio.gif

lingster said:

Unfortunatly, the USA doesn't get that nice little box set. Wish we did though. So we're stuck with buying the 30 buck game again.

Some European gaming stores will ship to the US -- it's just Really Expensive.

You could also put all your manuvers into card sleeves. These are cheaper and durable. magic players use them all the time. You can get 50 for about 2 bucks, or go the cheap route and get 100 for a buck. the fancier ones go for more.

I've done what lingster has said. Go to your local game/card shop and getcard protectors. Even the better UV protectors are only a couple of bucks for a pack of 100. I also store my miniatures in these.

SHVAK said:

I've done what lingster has said. Go to your local game/card shop and getcard protectors. Even the better UV protectors are only a couple of bucks for a pack of 100. I also store my miniatures in these.

I use a Raaco case (usually for nails, screws and other stuff, I use Raaco 13 together with a inlay box system, 2 planes in each box)) with cotton in top and under the planes to protect them. The original boxes kinda makes a mess when you have a few.

Regarding storage, I thought of a Sabol case, but took a cheaper route that let me keep the Wings of War Boxes as well:

>> 3x clear plastic craft boxes at $8.00 each. Each box measures about 15x9x2 inches. Dividers placed equally apart so each division holds 1x plane plus that plane's maneuvre cards >> a total of 16 planes/cards per box.

>> 2x Wings of War boxes to hold sheets, counters, rulers, damage and spare card decks. (third box has been put away)

>> 1x small gym bag @ $15.00

>> 1x pack of UV deck cards @ $2.00

(note that I have collected 2 versions of each fighter but no bombers).

Figures in comfort,do a foam tray specifically for W.O.W. Each tray holds up to eight aircraft plus cards and you can also get a do it yourself tray for the bigger two seaters.

I would love to see adition movement or damage decks.

As well as a plane pack. A blister wth just planes with new paint schemes.

Can't wait for Giants of the skies to come out.

If we are talking stuff like boxes and other boosts for the game: I want a pack with extra altitude pins (we use a lot more than 4 altitudes. Also a big pack with models in would be nice, unpainted with possibly some paint tips (I usually paint after Ospreys excellent books).

I been buying the red eagle planes instead for extra planes but I like the Wow planes better, but it is kinda shame to buy pre painted planes and repaint them again.

A pack with stuff like "Jasta 11 april 1917" or 10th "black" Naval squadron would be awesome, I love to paint :) But at least 5 planes, either of the same type or that was in use at the same time would really be great.

Right now I am making a Jasta with Fokker EIII, are just painting plane no8 (red eagle however) but some unpainted Wow models would be very sweet.

As for decks I don't really care if the plane in the deck have the same markings as my model, I see the model as the important thing anyway.

But some spare decks is always a good idea, particulary damage decks.

unpainted would be interesting to see. As I have said in the old forum I will be buying everything WoW WWI has to put out, new stuff or reprints/repaints

I am currently working on some of my own cards (set of 6 planes 1-4 each)

Here is a black fokker I'm making

fokkerDr1jacobspsd.png

lingster said:

You could also put all your manuvers into card sleeves. These are cheaper and durable. magic players use them all the time. You can get 50 for about 2 bucks, or go the cheap route and get 100 for a buck. the fancier ones go for more.

Do they actually sell smaller card sleeves that would fit the cards that come in the WoW games, as opposed to standard size card sleeves you see for games like Magic?

VJ