Multi-player?

By Major Mishap, in Dust Tactics

I'm interested in this game but all my battles are multi-player affairs, how do the rules cope with multi-player games?

the game rules as written expect that even with multiple players you would still only have 2 sides , and that regardless of number of players , those sides would still only activate one unit each time it is their turn . with the simple activations , and fast bloody rounds , it wouldnt require any players to sit out or get board waiting .

but that is as written . the rules look like they would be perfectly fine handleing mullti player games with multiple sides as long as each player rolled iniative seprately and you kept to the iniative order as opposed to say just continueing on in clockwise order since that tends to really screw the last player in games that activate like that .

Yeah, its the alternate activating of opposing units that could be the problem as it doesn't really become a multi-player game, it will take the same time and be exactly the same as just one a side games but taking longer. With multi-player games, I'm thinking of large games where all players on one side activate at the same time, so getting a large game with multi-players taking the same time as one on one, has anybody had any experience or rules for large games?

the problem i see with that is that this game is extremely bloody and fast as it is . if you allow multiple units on one side to activate , it would potentailly wipe out larger swaths of the opposing side , and would end up crippling the second side . at that point it becomes alot more like 40k than the more seemingly simultaious exchange that it is now .

if you havnt played it yet , then you really need to find some one that has it , and play a few games to understand how much of a ne sided blood bath that would become .

and it still takes just as long your way aswel as each person spends time resolving their activation .

I own two Dust Tactics Board Games. Generally at my LGS we play on teams for the various games we play. When we played our first Dust Tactics game we did a team game. For this I, modified the rules slightly for better organization .

For a 2 on 2 we broke each side into PLAYER 1 and PLAYER 2. Each player had their own force (e.g. Same amount of AP of units). We alternated the activation sequence based on PLAYER and side choice. If the ALLIES went first that round the activation sequence would be ALLIED PLAYER 1, AXIS PLAYER 1, ALLIED PLAYER 2, and AXIS PLAYER 2. If the AXIS went first that round the activation sequence would be AXIS PLAYER 1, ALLIED PLAYER 1, AXIS PLAYER 2, and ALLIED PLAYER 2.

Of course the activation would continue until everyone finished. If a PLAYER on a side had no more units to activate then they could do nothing until next round. There was no sharing of units between team members. So, it adds another element of strategy/consideration to game play. We also alternated who rolled the initiative between the PLAYERS. PLAYER 1 on each side would roll for initiative on one round then PLAYER 2 on each side would roll for initiative for the next.