Torch goes Out vs. The Staff of Light?

By mcfrei, in DungeonQuest

Hello.

Died at sunset two tiles from the exit, trying to re-lit torch for 5 turns in a row, carrying the staff of light.

Maybe staff of light should give auto success on "torch goes out" event? After all, it's a god **** staff of LIGHT!

There are examples of similar skill checks in loot and treasure cards - Rope and Flying Carpet, so i consider that as a flaw.

mcfrei said:

Hello.

Died at sunset two tiles from the exit, trying to re-lit torch for 5 turns in a row, carrying the staff of light.

Maybe staff of light should give auto success on "torch goes out" event? After all, it's a god **** staff of LIGHT!

There are examples of similar skill checks in loot and treasure cards - Rope and Flying Carpet, so i consider that as a flaw.

Did you remember Determination tokens? But yeah, Krutzbeck or Hugo (both have Luck 3 IIRC), losing 5 turns doesn't seem unlikely. Of course, I have managed to get Hugo killed by failing his Armor test ( vs 9).

Unfortunately, i did remember about the determination tokens.

Also, as to why you can't use the Staff of Light, maybe it only has one charge left and whoever wants it can only recharge it if it has a charge left gran_risa.gif .

Check the art on the card. It's drawn as glowing.

It's only glowing before you grab it, then you need to hide it in your bag of holding so as not to lure monsters to you partido_risa.gif .

I do agree it would've been nicer if more of the Treasure cards had alternate uses, I've used the Quicksilver Potion a few times to make a desperate last ditch effort to get out. If there were more cards with abilities, you'd have more decisions, can I take on this encounter and save my Treasure or do I use it now, what if I get something similar later.