Homemade Nations

By django6, in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

I think that 6 natiosn are... well... a little bit few...

So I started thinking about my own nations und the MONGOLS are the first one which came up my mind by thinking about their history and the game mechanics... So they start with stronger mounted units and horseback riding. They also may occupie villages to expand and get trade points... Maybe someone will playtest them (we just played them once....). I will post the starting piece of them in the near future (its just one "normal" playing piece of the game on which silk is found in the left upper corner...). Maybe you have also some ideas about new nations?? I would like to read/see them to variate the game... Enjoy!

img689.imageshack.us/i/mongolsw.jpg/

How did you make that card? Also, can you make a copy of it w/out the special ability.

We've been working on our own homemade nations as well. We also made the mongolians. I think yours seems a little too powerful. Here's the text from ours

Mongolians - Ghengis Khan
Starting Tech: Horseback Riding
Power: Once per turn when you win a combat, put one killed enemy unit into your standing forces. Your mounted units deal +1 damage.

Oh yeah, and here's the rest of them

Vikings - Erik the Red
Starting Tech: Navigation
Power: Treat blockaded tiles as if they were adjacent to your capital. Start the game with an extra scout.
Starting tile should contain 5 water, 3Forest, 3, grassland, 4 mountains, 1 “Tundra”/Desert
Start with iron, wheat, gold on edge

Spain - Cortez
Starting Tech: Monarchy
Gain 3 trade when you capture a hut or village
You may sacrifice a figure to steal a blockaded great person. Place it in the outskirts of one of your cities immediately.
Starting Tile should contain incense, wheat, iron

Japan: Mayamoto Musashi
Starting Tech: Feudalism
Once per turn, when one of your units is killed, deal it’s strength in damage to any enemy unit in play.
Starts with iron, silk, wheat on water

India: Mahatma Gandhi
Starting Tech: Irrigation
When you spend 3 trade to produce hammers, gain 1 culture. When you build a wonder draw a culture card of the same or lower era.
Starts with wheat, incense, silk

Islam: Mohammad
Starting Tech: Theology
Starting Civic: Fundamentalism
Gain +2 trade for each city.
Starts with incense, iron, silk, wheat

Greece: Alexander the great
Starting Tech: Code of Laws
Starting Civic: Republic
+1 battle hand size + 1 culture hand size. When you draw a culture card, draw two culture cards, keep one put the other on the bottom of the deck.
Water, forests, mountains, desert
Starts with iron, silk, wheat on water, iron on outside

Britain

Starting Tech: Monarchy (Level II tech)

starting Bonus: Free movement across water, x2 culture when devoting to arts

Starting Civic: Monarchy