Using this as an expansion instead of a new game.

By Tarquin Faquar, in Black Crusade

I was thinking, could we use this as a way of continuing the corruption and insanity our PC's have suffered from the other RPGs set in the 40k universe. such as our inquisitor henchmen becoming so corrupted that they start worshiping chaos or our marines going rouge and becoming chaos marines.

Or perhaps as a nuanced villain generation tool for DH, RT and DW...

That would be cool. A good recuring vilan for them to fight (like all good 80's TV programs).

Lightbringer said:

Or perhaps as a nuanced villain generation tool for DH, RT and DW...

That's what I'm thinking. I run a Dark Heresy campaign, with occasional games of Deathwatch woven in for a change of pace. I'm not in the market for a new game right now, but I'll probably pick up Black Crusade to swipe ideas for villians/monsters/situations for the above two games...

I would like to see a mechanic for DH characters falling into BC characters basically. Perhaps instead of Ascending there is a mechanic for them to fall to chaos and ascend along that route instead.

gathrawny said:

I would like to see a mechanic for DH characters falling into BC characters basically. Perhaps instead of Ascending there is a mechanic for them to fall to chaos and ascend along that route instead.

[/quote

Yeah, after healthy dose of corruption and insanity points aswell!

Alpha Legion ftw. This should be interesting, and allow for more variety than given in the Deathwatch and The Emperor Protects.

It's the Chaos Joker.

Ugolino said:

Alpha Legion ftw.

Not exactly Chaos forces though, are they? More just 'anti Imperial'...

Other character options are going to need to be strong considering that 'chaos marine' is likely to be one!

Siranui said:

Ugolino said:

Alpha Legion ftw.

Not exactly Chaos forces though, are they? More just 'anti Imperial'...

Other character options are going to need to be strong considering that 'chaos marine' is likely to be one!

Unless it has a two-tier set up. As in, you can play Dark Heresy-style, or Deathwatch-style. Options to run either "level" of game.

Tarquin Faquar said:

I was thinking, could we use this as a way of continuing the corruption and insanity our PC's have suffered from the other RPGs set in the 40k universe. such as our inquisitor henchmen becoming so corrupted that they start worshiping chaos or our marines going rouge and becoming chaos marines.

That is exactly what I planned to use it for.

I was intending on simply buying it as an expansion so I could make some tooled up bad-arse NPCs but the actual system sounds more appealing to me as a GM and player. By the time this comes out my DH campaign will be into the depths of Ascension and having run it for many years would like a bit of a change. Besides, the Imperium makes for an endless supply of bad guys from every angle and level of play I can think of :)