Two questions from a newbie

By kaltorak, in Battles of Westeros

Hi to all, yesterday I played my first battle of the game (scenario 1) and I was really impressed!

I have two questions on the game:

1)Archers. Skimming through the scenario booklet, I find that in every battle archers are always of green quality. I am missing something or Westeros archers are very unskilled guys?

2)I need a clarification on Kevan Lannister special ability. The card says that "instead of attacking he can give 2 additional dices to a friendly, adjacent, attacking unit" (I am writing without the card in front of me; these should not be the exact words). It means that Kevan must be adijacent to the enemy (so that he could attack him), or only adiacent to the unit he is going to support?

Many thanks

Umberto Pignatelli

PS I am an italian player with the italian version of the game, if this changes something...

He just has to be adjacent to the attacking unit I believe. It just means they fight better when in his presence rather than he's actually helping them directly in the battle.

It may just be because archers in Westeros are mobile and their bows just aren't powerful enough to do three dice of damage. You can be a green banner unit without necessarily being inexperienced. It's possible in future expansions we may see more powerful archers. Or it may just be something they save for war machines like bolt throwers.

Meant to put the above in the last post but the forum died and I couldn't edit before the timer ran out. ;)

Thanks for the quick answer!