100 Corruption characters

By jareddm, in Black Crusade

Has anyone thought that we might be given the option to transfer over characters from the three other systems who have hit 100 corruption? Or is 100 corruption just seen as the point where a person collapses into a mess of mutation before having their soul eaten by the warp?

I've seen it mentioned on other topic threads. It's a very cool idea, especially if you're in to characters with detailed backgrounds. Doesn't get more detailed than playing it!

I seen the press update that mentions how the Corruption point system will work in Black Crusade. You work to raise your Infamy level before your Corruption level reaches 100. If you hit the right level of Infamy before the full Corruption? You are rewarded by being transformed into a daemon prince. If you fail to reach the right Infamy? You become chaos spawn.

It also mentions that if you hit 140 Infamy before reaching 100 Corruption, then you will get the chance to lead a full on Black Crusade against the Imperium!

It does not say what kind of force you would have the chance to lead though. I would imagine the loyalty of those you had managed to win over on the way to hitting that 140 Infamy.

It does not say what kind of force you would have the chance to lead though. I would imagine the loyalty of those you had managed to win over on the way to hitting that 140 Infamy.

Assuming that Infamy works about the same way as Profit and Influence, your power level would be somewhere between that of Lord Hax and the combined might of the Calixian Conclave. Not exactly galaxy-shaking, but certainly enough to bring down a sector or two - which, when you think about it, is more than Abaddon manages most of the time.

As for the original corruption, I assume that CP are measured on a different scale. After all, DH, RT and DW character succumb to the lure of chaos and begin working against the Imperium at 100 CP. BC characters generally do that at 0...

Cifer said:

Assuming that Infamy works about the same way as Profit and Influence, your power level would be somewhere between that of Lord Hax and the combined might of the Calixian Conclave. Not exactly galaxy-shaking, but certainly enough to bring down a sector or two - which, when you think about it, is more than Abaddon manages most of the time.

Well, consider that if you try and wield force equivalent to the might of an entire Conclave of the Inquisition against a sector, chances are, that sector - and all the attendant powerbases within it (some of whom will be just as powerful as you) - will fight back.

It wouldn't be interesting otherwise, would it?

At the very least when leading a force from the Screaming Vortex, you could choose three locations for your invasion path each with varying levels of defenses. Unlike the Eye of Terror where the easiest path out lies through the Cadian Gate where about twenty Space Marine Chapters, the Sector Battlefleet, and plenty of Imperial Guard Regiments will be there waiting for you.

The Koronous Expanse. Where plenty of wealth and few Imperial colonies await. More of a place to search for resources and artifacts to help attack the Imperium elsewhere.

The Jericho Reach. Plenty of chances to hook up with Chaos allies here and grow the Black Crusade, though the Warp Gate is secret and well defended. The Chaos Lord would run into the back end of the full on Imperial Crusade that's been going on forever. A victory at the Warp Gate would ruin the supply lines of the Imperium's Crusade and it would be possible to destroy Imperial forces and lay claim to the sector forever (as the High Lords of Terra would likely not mount a new Crusade). The Chaos Lord would have to fight off different Death Watch teams that would likely be sent with express orders to kill him and his champions to disrupt his movement.

The Calixis Sector. There is an underlying infection of corruption here. I think the idea would be to infiltrate the Inquisition and discover who the Chaos players are and unite them to the cause. Once the Imperial Navy in the area is laid low, it should be possible to bombard stronghold worlds into submission.