BattleLore Magazine?

By Interceptor2, in Battlelore

Hey, I just learned about this new magazine over on the Robert E. Howard forums (for those of you who don't know, Howard is the creator of Conan the Cimmerian, and if you have not read his works, you should immediately do so). Tha magazine is called Medieval Warfare , and it is a new magazine from the publisher of the magazine Ancient Warfare . Medieval Warfare is a historical magazine on the subject of warfare in the Middl-ages, but I'm sure it will be rife with information that can be utilized by creative BattleLore players. Here's a link to the magazine's web-site: http://www.medieval-warfare.com/cms/ . I ordered a one-year subscription...I'll let everyone know what I think. For you collectors, the magazine is brand new, so if you subscribe now, you'll start with the first issue (which might be worth something someday).

Also, a quick note on the Robert E. Howard forums...I read a post there about a gaming company that is planning on making a Conan the Barbarian miniatures skirmish game that is similar to Tannhauser. How cool would that be?

Color me interested...but I'm having problems with the website. Where did you subscribe from (the "shop" link won't load for me). Where is this published? There are a ton of magazines that I can't get, or are just too expensive, published in Europe. I live inthe USA. What is the subscription price? (since I can't get the darn thing to load...erg!).

Thanks for the heads up, Interceptor.

Toddrew,

I'm, not sure why the site is not working for you. Try googling Medieval Warfare Magazine. I clicked on the "shop" link and it shows the magazine is published in the UK for $35.00 euros for a year subscription. However, if you look in the upper left corner, you'll see a box to your currency. I selected US dollars, and the total cost with shipping and tax was $45 and some change...not too bad in my opinion for a magazine like this.