New list of unanswered questions

By Paul Grogan, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

1. What is still unclear after the official answer?

Q: "There are three treasures that offer one-time healing to a hero: Jinn's Lamp, Amulet of Healing, and Crystal of Tival. All three say "Discard after equipping at the start of your turn..."... Should "at the start of your turn" just be ignored, or does it have some other significance?"

A: It can only be used at the start of your turn after Step 2: Equip Items. The result is that you will have only 1 Other item (if any) equipped.

Parathion said:

1. What is still unclear after the official answer?

Q: "There are three treasures that offer one-time healing to a hero: Jinn's Lamp, Amulet of Healing, and Crystal of Tival. All three say "Discard after equipping at the start of your turn..."... Should "at the start of your turn" just be ignored, or does it have some other significance?"

A: It can only be used at the start of your turn after Step 2: Equip Items. The result is that you will have only 1 Other item (if any) equipped.

Huh? When did that answer come out?

But in response, nothing. cool.gif I was just rewording Thundercles' question because he got the details slightly wrong.

That answer is from the old wiki, centuries ago. I posted it in the GLoAQ thread a while ago.

So we gather SoB questions now? Because, I have two that are apparently not answered officially yet.

1) For advanced campaigns, in the FAQ, Rolling Stone and Poltergeist were removed, while Crushing Blow was restricted. This gets no mention in the rulebook for Sea of Blood, while many other changes from the FAQ made it into the same rulebook. Are these treachery cards still removed from the SoB advanced campaign?

2) In island levels, spawning works similar to inside dungeons, monsters can spawn anywhere out of line of sight of the heroes. Since masts block line of sight, it is thus possible for monsters to spawn on the Revenge . Monsters can also man stations on the hero ship, so they can drive it off the map, or sink it by steering it into rocks or sand banks.

2a) Is this intentional? Are monsters meant to be spawnable on the Revenge ?

2b) What happens if the hero ship sinks, is it a TPK like in Encounters? If monsters steer the ship off the map, do the heroes flee as well, just like if they'd have steered it off themselves?

First, commentary.

@Antistone:

You're right about the movement action notes: I don't know why I thought otherwise. I'll remove any questions nullified by this correction.

JitD:
A4: I'd change it to "Given that it's possible to trace LoS into and out of Tree spaces, can you trace LoS into or out of a rubble space (specifically in the case of figures that can move through rubble spaces)?". The LoS is what's important here, not what happens with Blast.
A5: Potions from expansions get added to the Town shop explicitly in the expansion rulebooks, so this is going under clarifications.
A6: I think I'll combine this with FAQ A2.
A7: Wow this is "dumb". You weren't kidding

ToI:
A1: I don't understand the question. Are you asking after the timing of rolling the stealth die, or if there's some way to avoid the effects of the Stealth ability?
A4: Do you have an example of OL Card/ Feat conflict?

FAQ:
A1: I think I'll excise the subjective bits from this question.

@Corbon:

Good changes: I'll make them

@Parathion:

I found the reference you're making: is this issue important enough for us to continue to try to get it into the official FAQ, or is Mike Z.'s answer enough to consider it answered?

@haslo:

lo hare.

Sorry, couldn't resist the spanish pun. Anyway, good questions: they're goin' in.

Thundercles said:

ToI:
A1: I don't understand the question. Are you asking after the timing of rolling the stealth die, or if there's some way to avoid the effects of the Stealth ability?
A4: Do you have an example of OL Card/ Feat conflict?

A1: Yes, essentially. There's an apparent timing conflict in the Stealth rules, where the dice rolled for an attack (specifically, whether the stealth die is used) are dependent on things that are only known after the roll is made (like how surges or spent, or Tetherys' ability). Even if you assume you can't use such shenanigans to "get around" the stealth die and negate its effects, the exact timing matters for the amount of information players have when deciding whether to spend fatigue, etc.

I believe the best solution (and the one I use at my table) is to say that the stealth die is theoretically rolled on all attacks, but since its results only affect figures with the Stealth ability, its results don't matter unless the attack touches one of them, so you don't need to actually bother rolling it until someone cares about the result.

A4: I believe there was a thread or two a while back discussing the interaction of Crushing Blow and one of the feat cards that changes the result of an attack to a miss. I seem to recall several suggested outcomes depending on the order in which they are allowed to be played and exactly how you read the cards. But other examples almost certainly exist.

When composing the question(s), you should keep in mind that if you ask about a concrete example, you will ONLY get an answer for that specific example. Like when someone asked how much movement it costs to jump over a pit into a mud space, and got the answer "4 movement points" instead of a clarification of how all the different movement modifiers interact that would allow us to figure out what happens when you climb out of a pit into mud, jump over an obstacle starting from inside a pit, or jump multiple obstacles in a row and land in a mud space. And since OL/feat cards are a lot more complicated and cover a lot more ground, that sort of answer is likely to be of extremely limited usefulness.

Therefore, if you want to give them examples, we should probably expend considerable care creating an exhaustive list of every possible interaction we can think of. Because any examples we don't put on the list will probably be no clearer after the answer than before.

Tomb of Ice

regarding A2: May want to note that if Fear applies, a swallowed hero is powerless to attack (by RAW) because they are prohibited from using surges. (Assuming a monster ever exists with both Fear and Swallow , which may be impossible with the expansions released to date.)

A5. Swallowed heroes are limited to one attack per turn; does this only apply to attacks received from the hero's action, or does it also restrict the use of extra attacks from other sources, such as the Hustle feat card? (I think that's the right featgives an extra melee attack?)

A6. Swallowed heroes are limited to one attack per turn and "cannot use any ability or skill that requires advancing, running, battling, or readying (except for placing a hero order)." Is there supposed to be something in there that limits the hero to a half-action, as if stunned? If not, what is the purpose of limiting the hero to one attack per turn when they can simply use a Ready action to attack on their turn and again on the overlord's turn?

Sea of Blood (just noticed this by happenstance)

* A1. The rules for Quick Shot give lieutenants and avatars twice the number of attacks they would normally receive if they take a Battle action , but say nothing about other actions; for other actions, should we apply the same rule (despite it being specifically limited to Battle actions), the Quick Shot rules for normal monsters (giving them 2 attacks on a Run action), or treat Quick Shot as having no effect at all (giving them only 1 attack on an Advance action)?

(I'm sure the answer is the first option, and I honestly don't care since I don't play extended campaigns, but I couldn't resist bringing up the fact that the rules include extra text that serves no function except to reduce accuracy and clarity. Sorry for pettiness.)

Antistone said:

The rules for Quick Shot give lieutenants and avatars twice the number of attacks they would normally receive if they take a Battle action , but say nothing about other actions; for other actions, should we apply the same rule (despite it being specifically limited to Battle actions), the Quick Shot rules for normal monsters (giving them 2 attacks on a Run action), or treat Quick Shot as having no effect at all (giving them only 1 attack on an Advance action)?

(I'm sure the answer is the first option, and I honestly don't care since I don't play extended campaigns, but I couldn't resist bringing up the fact that the rules include extra text that serves no function except to reduce accuracy and clarity. Sorry for pettiness.)

I don't quite follow you here. Lieutenants and avatars do not advance, they can move like all monsters (which is the same as if a hero would advance) and thus unless they "Battle", "Ready" or "Run" (note the scary quotes, same as in the SoB rulebook on page 18, indicating that they are not exactly the same as the hero's versions), normal monster rules apply for Quick Shot.

If they "Battle", special rules apply, so that was clarified by specifying that they get double their normal attacks. For the "Run" action, nothing changes. What was not explicitly specified, but is implicitly very clear, is how many attacks they get for their version of "Ready".

Antistone said:

Sea of Blood (just noticed this by happenstance)

* A1. The rules for Quick Shot give lieutenants and avatars twice the number of attacks they would normally receive if they take a Battle action , but say nothing about other actions; for other actions, should we apply the same rule (despite it being specifically limited to Battle actions), the Quick Shot rules for normal monsters (giving them 2 attacks on a Run action), or treat Quick Shot as having no effect at all (giving them only 1 attack on an Advance action)?

SoB pg41
Quick Shot
A monster with the Quick Shot ability can attack up to two times each time it is activated. If a lieutenant or avatar with Quick Shot takes the Battle action, it gets twice as many attacks as it would normally get.

Lts and Avatars are still monsters so are covered by the first sentence. They are also the only monsters allowed to choose a battle action, so they are exactly covered, clearly and accurately, by the second sentence.
This rule appears to me to be precisely as it should be. I think you have confused yourself here.

Corbon said:

SoB pg41
Quick Shot
A monster with the Quick Shot ability can attack up to two times each time it is activated. If a lieutenant or avatar with Quick Shot takes the Battle action, it gets twice as many attacks as it would normally get.

Lts and Avatars are still monsters so are covered by the first sentence. They are also the only monsters allowed to choose a battle action, so they are exactly covered, clearly and accurately, by the second sentence.
This rule appears to me to be precisely as it should be. I think you have confused yourself here.

If a lieutenant "Runs" when it activates, it would normally move twice its speed but get no attacks. If it has the Quick Shot ability, as written, it can attack two times each time it is activated; thus, when it "Runs", it can move twice its speed and make two attacks (just like they ruled a lieutenant can do when it "Runs" and the overlord plays a Rage card).

Which seems unlikely to be intended.

Unless I've missed something..?

Antistone said:

Corbon said:

SoB pg41
Quick Shot

If a lieutenant "Runs" when it activates, it would normally move twice its speed but get no attacks. If it has the Quick Shot ability, as written, it can attack two times each time it is activated; thus, when it "Runs", it can move twice its speed and make two attacks (just like they ruled a lieutenant can do when it "Runs" and the overlord plays a Rage card).

Which seems unlikely to be intended.

Unless I've missed something..?

I thought that is exactly as intended? It is what happens with Raged Lts in RtL. One of those KISS things which gives a minor advantage in favour of simplicity.

Corbon said:

I thought that is exactly as intended? It is what happens with Raged Lts in RtL. One of those KISS things which gives a minor advantage in favour of simplicity.

Oh. I didn't think that could possibly be intended, what with it eliminating any reason for a lieutenant with Quick Shot to ever Advance, especially after the special case for Battle.

Maybe it's not such a "dumb" question, after all.

While we're on the topic, anyone want to hazard a guess at how Quick Shot interacts with a Guard order? I can imagine 3 possibilities:

• It provides no benefit when Guarding
  • When you use a Guard order, you can make 2 interrupt attacks at the same time
  • When you use a Guard order, you can make 2 interrupt attacks at two different times

Antistone said:

Corbon said:

Oh. I didn't think that could possibly be intended, what with it eliminating any reason for a lieutenant with Quick Shot to ever Advance, especially after the special case for Battle.

Maybe it's not such a "dumb" question, after all.

While we're on the topic, anyone want to hazard a guess at how Quick Shot interacts with a Guard order? I can imagine 3 possibilities:

• It provides no benefit when Guarding
  • When you use a Guard order, you can make 2 interrupt attacks at the same time
  • When you use a Guard order, you can make 2 interrupt attacks at two different times

I didn't say it was a dumb question, just that you appeared to have confused yourself.

Lts and Avatars aren't ever given the option to Advance (SoB pgs 19 and 23), so they aren't supposed to ever Advance anyway. I guess you could say that they are probably allowed to do a 'default monster move' which is effectively an Advance though. However I see no reason why they wouldn't simply be better than normal monsters when using their 'special' options.

Quick Shot/Guard is a good question though. I would guess that the answer is 2x normal attacks, at the same time. But that is only a reasoned guess.

Corbon said:

I didn't say it was a dumb question, just that you appeared to have confused yourself.

I know. *I* marked it as a "dumb" question when I originally posted it, using the completely arbitrary and unintuitive notation I defined in an earlier post. Meaning I was pretty sure we could all agree on the answer without needing to ask (turns out I was wrong).

Antistone said:

Corbon said:

I know. *I* marked it as a "dumb" question when I originally posted it, using the completely arbitrary and unintuitive notation I defined in an earlier post. Meaning I was pretty sure we could all agree on the answer without needing to ask (turns out I was wrong).

Ahh, fair enough.

I just noticed that I think you are (maybe) even interpreting things differently during a battle action, making the question even less 'dumb'.

You possibly seem to be thinking Quick Shot + Battle = 2x normal attacks (Advance) = 2 attacks if natural attacks are only 1.
I read that as Quick Shot + Battle = 2x normal attacks (battle) = 4 attacks if natural attacks are only 1.

I think it is a reasonably clear natural progression.
1. 'Normal' monster (Advance equivalent) without quickshot = 1 attack
2. 'Normal' monster (Advance equivalent) with quickshot = 2 attacks
3. Lt/Avatar monster with Run/Ready = 1 attack
4. Lt/Avatar monster with Run/Ready + quickshot = 2 attacks
5. Lt/Avatar with Battle = 2 attacks
6. Lt/Avatar with Battle + Quickshot = 4 attacks (same as Rage with Quickshot)

It is possible that a Lt/Avatar may have more than one basic attack. For example, a special extra attack from an Avatar upgrade. 'Battling' that Lt/Avatar would give 2x normal attack + special attack (possibly 2x special attack, but probably not). If that Avatar/Lt has Quick shot it simply doubles all the attacks it would normally (non-quickshot) get - so 4x normal attack and 2x special attack.

Unless they changed something in SoB, lieutenants and avatars without quick shot don't get any attacks when they run.

James McMurray said:

Unless they changed something in SoB, lieutenants and avatars without quick shot don't get any attacks when they run.

+1

As far as I know, Quickshot doubles the number of base attacks while the Rage card means that the base number of attacks = 2. So Run + Quickshot = 0 attacks, but Run + Quickshot + Rage = 4 attacks.

Pretty sure Rage works as I described since RtL, but anyone feel free to correct me on that.

James McMurray said:

Oops, yes, quite. Run base attacks are zero, Ready may be 1 or 0. Doubled with Quickshot.

Corbon said:

Oops, yes, quite. Run base attacks are zero, Ready may be 1 or 0. Doubled with Quickshot.

Except that Quickshot doesn't say it doubles attacks for a Run or Ready; it says that it doubles attacks for a Battle , and sets attacks to 2 otherwise.

To adopt your notation, by RAW (to the best of my knowledge):

3. Lt/Avatar with Battle = 2 attacks (same as any action + Rage)
4. Lt/Avatar with Battle + Quickshot = 4 attacks (same as any action + Rage + Quickshot)
5. Lt/Avatar monster with Run = 0 attacks
6. Lt/Avatar monster with Run+ quickshot = 2 attacks (??)

Antistone said:

Corbon said:

Except that Quickshot doesn't say it doubles attacks for a Run or Ready; it says that it doubles attacks for a Battle , and sets attacks to 2 otherwise.

To adopt your notation, by RAW (to the best of my knowledge):

3. Lt/Avatar with Battle = 2 attacks (same as any action + Rage)
4. Lt/Avatar with Battle + Quickshot = 4 attacks (same as any action + Rage + Quickshot)
5. Lt/Avatar monster with Run = 0 attacks
6. Lt/Avatar monster with Run+ quickshot = 2 attacks (??)

haha, yes, I was half right the first time.
That s exactly what I think it says, I got confused and didn't recheck when the others replied.

Nice summary BTW.
Except that Quickshot doesn't say it doubles attacks for a Run or Ready; it says that it doubles attacks for a Battle, and sets attacks to 2 otherwise.

A reminder, SOB pg41
Quick Shot
A monster with the Quick Shot ability can attack up to two times each time it is activated . If a lieutenant or avatar with Quick Shot takes the Battle action , it gets twice as many attacks as it would normally get.

Seems I was too quick with my dismissal of the question indeed, my intuitions regarding the run action were wrong, apologies.

For the guard order, the way I interpret it the lieutenant would still get to make an interrupt attack only once during the heroes' turn, attacking once within it, since Quick Shot only alters the number of attacks during regular activation and the guard order from the base rules was never overruled. Do you agree?

As an interesting sidenote by the way, which doesn't make this discussion any less interesting because lieutenants were explicitly mentioned in the Quick Shot rules: Neither SoB nor RtL have a single lieutenant or avatar (or avatar upgrade) that has or gives Quick Shot lengua.gif

Corbon's JitD Question #3: May want to ask how damage is modified by the Cautious skill, in addition to the Trapmaster power card.

Journeys into the Dark

A9. How is range calculated when attacking through a staircase?

A10. Does the radius of a Blast attack, or other area attacks (such as the Word of Vaal) extend through a staircase?

A11. Do the effects of abilities such as Aura or Command extend through staircases?

A12. Can line-of-sight be traced through a staircase for any purpose other than attacks? If the other end of a staircase has not been revealed, is it revealed when a hero moves adjacent to the staircase (from which he could attack the other end), when a hero moves onto the staircase, or not until the hero actually uses the staircase to move into the unrevealed area?

A13. How does the Word of Vaal work when used by a hero under the effects of Dark Charm? (In particular, does it affect the hero wielding it?)

A14: Rapid Fire, Quick Casting: Does a hero need to make the extra attack granted by these skills immediately when they are activated, or can the hero pay 2 fatigue when the triggering condition is met in order to make an additional attack at a later time during the turn? If the attack can be delayed, how does that work if they are triggered during the overlord's turn with a Guard order, skill, or feat?

Well of Darkness

A3. When a weapon grants an ability that affects attacks, such as Bleed or Reach , does a hero with that weapon equipped still have that ability when attacking with a different weapon?

A4. On the Earth Pact skill card, when it says "if you do not move during your turn," does that refer only to normal movement (when you spend movement points to enter an adjacent space), or to all effects that alter your position (such as Shadow Soul, Knockback, using a glyph of transport, etc.)?

A5. The Trueshot relic says it "only misses if you roll a miss result, regardless of range." Does this grant the relic the ability to ignore Fear, and any other effects (other than an X on a rolled die) that could cause an attack to miss?

A6. What happens if a hero uses a power potion to boost an attack while he has one or more Daze tokens on him?

A7. Spell of Binding (also Spell of Burning, Spell of Frost from AoD and Spell of Thunder from ToI): Do these cards ignore figures when determining line-of-sight, like a Blast attack?

A8. Welcome Mat: Does the "front" of the door refer to the side that the hero opening it is on, or something else (such as the side the heroes originally came from)? If there are more than two spaces on that side of the door, what happens?

A9. Drugged Darts: What counts as an "empty section of corridor" for purposes of this card? For example, can it be placed at a turn or intersection? Can it overlap obstacles, traps, treasure tokens, doors (that are not area boundaries), etc.?

A10. Fire Runes: Is the breath template supposed to overlap the chest, only touch one edge of it, or is it the overlord's choice? If it only touches an edge of the chest, is the hero opening the chest affected?

A11. Alarm: Does "it is now your turn" mean that all heroes who haven't taken their turn yet lose their turn, or does it mean that you get an extra turn before the round continues?

A12. Ambush: Considering that cards that trigger "before a hero's turn" can be played any time before he declares his action, are the effects of this card considered to take place during the turn of the hero it preempts, or should the hero "rewind" anything he's done so far?

Altar of Despair

A1. If a hero has the Bottle Imp equipped, and wants to re-equip it to move the familiar to his current space, does this require a single re-equip action, or two?

A2. Are Curse Dolls returned to the shop deck when used (allowing them to be purchased again), or are the heroes limited to 2 Curse Dolls for the entire quest?

A3. Can a hero equipped with The Black Ring use surges to overcome the Fear ability, or does he automatically miss any figure with Fear?

A4. When the overlord plays the Weakness card to remove power dice from a hero's attack, can a hero still spend fatigue after his attack roll to add power dice?

A5. Dark Relic: Is the overlord allowed to see the treasure card a hero draws before deciding whether to play this card? Can this card be played when a hero receives a treasure card via trade, or only when a new card is drawn from the deck?

Tomb of Ice

A7. Blocked, Evade: Does the attack miss all of its targets, or only the hero who played the card? (May be different for each feat; they're worded slightly differently.)

A8. Flaming Fury: If played on an area attack, do all affected monsters receive burn tokens, or only one?

A9. Killing Blow: How does this work when the attack involves a reroll, such as an aim or dodge?

A10. Protect Thyself: If a hero that is close to you when you play this card leaves the radius, do they continue to receive the effect? If a hero that was outside the radius enters the radius, do they gain the effect?

A11. How do the weapons that allow one die to be rerolled (Ripper, Bow of the Hawk) work when an attack is aimed or dodged?

A12. Can the Beastman Fetish be used to reroll a die that was originally rolled by another player during your turn, such as another hero using the Tunic to reduce collateral damage? If not, which player makes the roll for Undying?

Wow, after all the fuss about the quest compendium having a 10 page FAQ, I cannot imagine how many pages the new basic FAQ will have after all of these questions (hopefully) get answers. happy.gif

Jonny WS said:

Wow, after all the fuss about the quest compendium having a 10 page FAQ, I cannot imagine how many pages the new basic FAQ will have after all of these questions (hopefully) get answers. happy.gif

The FAQ is already 12 pages long; I imagine the questions we've posted so far would be worth another 3 pages or so if FFG deals with them thoroughly. Keep in mind, though, that the FAQ covers a lot more source material than the errata for the quest compendium do--it covers the rulebooks, quest guides, and all cards for the base game plus 4 (soon to be 5) expansions. So, proportionally, it's still way shorter than the compendium errata. Even counting only at actual quests in JitD/WoD/AoD/ToI (not rules or cards), I believe there's almost twice as many as in the quest compendium.

As I said in the other thread, I also think errata for rules is more acceptable than errata for scenarios, because the rules are something the players normally memorize, rather than something that they refer to during a single game and then forget.

Big update, thanks to everyone who's been devising so many questions. Good stuff, good stuff. Left in the Crystal of Tyval question because it's been asked repeatedly despite the old Mike Z. answer (mostly because that answer isn't readily accessible, even if it is in the GLoAQ). Removed a few invalid questions and moved at least one question that was out of place. Also noted that trap cards, cautious, and trapmaster all refer to wounds: changed the questions to reflect this. I have further notes on my process (mostly to Antistone since he generated the majority of the questions), which will be in a subsequent post.

Please, please feel free to go over this list: it's gotten too large to trust a single person to provide enough editing, especially if they're the ones who compiled it. If you find a problem with a question, a problem with an answer, or a new answer to a question, please post it here. Feel free to contest a categorization: if you feel that a Rules Clarification is a Question or vice-versa, please post which and why.

For the record: each question is classified as belonging to the most recent expansion whose components are involved in the question. Any expansions involved beyond the main game get a "+[expansion name]" entry added to the beginning of the question.

Questions:

Journeys in the Dark

1. The wording on the Crystal of Tyval treasure is unclear: can a hero discard it for health at any time during his/her turn or only at the start of his/her turn immediately after the equip step?
  2. Can abilities with a radius that don't require Line of Sight (Command, Word of Vaal, Spiritwalker, etc.) go through walls and/or doors? When checking the distance for these abilities, must the target figure be reachable by moving a number spaces less than or equal to the radius, or do these abilities work like the Breath example (fly to anywhere within a template, in this case a square of edge length 2xradius + 1 centered on the figure)?
  3. Can a monkey perform "movement actions" which cost no MP, like pick up potions, rune keys, or money piles?
  4. What happens if a figure jumps over an obstacle that is adjacent to an enemy figure with Grapplecan the jumping figure be grappled "in mid-air"? If so, what happens? If not, can figures jump over empty squares as if they contained obstacles in order to avoid being grappled?
  5. Can a figure enter a square where it cannot normally end its movement if there is a chance (but not a certainty) that it will be unable to leave? For example, can a monster move onto an active glyph that is adjacent to a hero with Grapple, hoping to kill the hero and continue its movement?
  6. Do effects like burn and web affect figures at the start of their activation or the start of their controller's turn (for example, the start of the Overlord's turn for his monsters)? Can the overlord choose to not activate a monster and thus have it not suffer from lingering effects?
  7. How is range calculated when attacking through a staircase?
  8. Does the radius of a Blast attack, or other area attacks (such as the Word of Vaal, Sweep) extend through a staircase?
  9. Do the effects of abilities such as Aura, Spiritwalker, or Command extend through staircases?
  10. Can line-of-sight be traced through a staircase for any purpose other than attacks? If the other end of a staircase has not been revealed, is it revealed when a hero moves adjacent to the staircase (from which he could attack the other end), when a hero moves onto the staircase, or not until the hero actually uses the staircase to move into the unrevealed area?
  11. Does the Word of Vaal affect the hero wielding it when making a Dark Charm attack?

Well of Darkness

1. If the Overlord plays a trap that does some amount of wounds of Poison damage, do the extra wounds from the Trapmaster power also count as Poison damage?
  2. Does Trapmaster add wounds to attacks resulting from traps like Dark Charm and Mimic, which activate creatures instead of dealing wounds? Does Trapmaster add wounds to trap cards like Scything Blades, which don't have a number of wounds printed on the card but still deal wounds? Can the Skill card "Cautious" prevent wounds from Dark Charm, Mimic, or other trap cards that don't directly deal wounds?
  3. When attacking with the Spirit Spear, do all three affected spaces need to be adjacent to each other (forming an "L" shape), or could they form a line or crescent? Which space is used for determining the required range?
  4. When a weapon grants an non-surge ability that affects attacks, such as Bleed or Reach, does a hero with that weapon equipped still have that ability when attacking with a different weapon?
  5. On the Earth Pact skill card, when it says "if you do not move during your turn," does that refer only to normal movement (when you spend movement points to enter an adjacent space), or to all effects that alter your position (such as Shadow Soul, Knockback, using a glyph of transport, etc.)?
  6. The Trueshot relic says it "only misses if you roll a miss result, regardless of range." Does this grant the relic the ability to ignore Fear, and any other effects (other than an X on a rolled die) that could cause an attack to miss?
  7. What happens if a hero uses a power potion or fatigue to boost an attack while he has one or more Daze tokens on him?
  8. Spell of Binding (also Spell of Burning, Spell of Frost from AoD and Spell of Thunder from ToI): Do these cards ignore figures when determining line-of-sight, like a Blast attack?

Altar of Despair

1. If a hero has the Bottle Imp equipped, and wants to re-equip it to move the familiar to his current space, does this require a single re-equip action, or two?
  2. Are Curse Dolls returned to the shop deck when used (allowing them to be purchased again), or are the heroes limited to 2 Curse Dolls for the entire quest?
  3. Can a hero equipped with The Black Ring use surges to overcome the Fear ability, or does he automatically miss any figure with Fear?
  4. When the overlord plays the Weakness card to remove power dice from a hero's attack, can a hero still spend fatigue after his attack roll to add power dice?
  5. Dark Relic: Is the overlord allowed to see the treasure card a hero draws before deciding whether to play this card? Can this card be played when a hero receives a treasure card via trade, or only when a new card is drawn from the deck?

Road to Legend

1. + Well of Darkness: Ironskin in RtL mentions multiple-space attacks: does this affect the Word of Vaal Rune, Sweep, Spirit Spear (Gold Treasure), etc.?
  2. Does the discount from the Orc Market affect sell values as well (i.e. sell value at Orc Market is 25 coins less than at any other market)?
  3. In outdoor encounters, the OL gets one threat per hero per turn. If a hero dies in outdoor encounters and is removed from the board, does the OL get one less threat per turn?
  4. Two by Two (RtL dungeon 20): As written, the level is impassable: since there is no compass, north points up, and thus the only way to unlock the yellow door is to stand on the encounter markers that are on the other side. Should the card refer to the East and West markers, not the North and South ones?
  5. Dark Charm says the attack may target Heroes: can the Overlord use Dark Charm to force a Hero to attack a Villager figure if no Hero is in the affected spaces?
  6. In RtL Lieutenant battles, does the Overlord's normal hand-size limit (8 in most cases) apply when selecting cards with Treachery? If so, may he take more cards than his hand limit so long as he discards down to the limit immediately? Or is he strictly limited to selecting only his hand-limit worth of cards?
  7. If one hero has the Lodestone Dark Relic, does that affect how much money the party gets as a reward for winning encounters, collecting gold piles, or getting money results when rolling power dice for Treasure Chests?
  8. Can figures trace LoS into spaces that block line of sight and target them with attacks (e.g. to hit a flying monster in a Rubble space with a Guard order, attack something in a Tree)? If so, what happens if a Blast attack is centered on a Rubble or Tree space? Can figures trace LoS out of Rubble or Tree spaces in order to make attacks while moving through them (such as with Acrobat, Flying, etc.)?

Tomb of Ice

1. + Road to Legend: If a spawn card is canceled by the Feat card "Preventing Evil", is the Spawn Marker still flipped to its blank side?
  2. Feat Card "Preventing Evil": If the OL has played a Spawn/Power/Event/Trap card and the card was successully cancelled via said Feat card, is the OL allowed to play another Spawn/Power/Event/Trap card in the same turn or off of the same trigger?
  3. If a creature with Stealth is in a space added to an attack after all of the dice for that attack have been rolled (for example, when using surges to add Blast ), do you then roll the Stealth die? Can you add and roll the stealth die after step 3 (Count Range and Roll Attack) of the attack sequence?
  4. When a swallowed hero attacks the monster that swallowed him, can that monster benefit from Stealth (e.g. from the Sneak Up On The Prey treachery card) or other defensive abilities, such as Fear, Ghost, Ironskin, etc.?
  5. Currently, some heroes can survive on the stomach tile indefinitely, because items and abilities exist that can cancel wounds that ignore armor (e.g. Corbin, Skull Shield). Is this intentional, or should the damage from swallow bypass all other effects?
  6. Are there any general rules for resolving what happens if the overlord wants to play a card and a hero wants to play a feat card both in response to the same triggering event? Which card is resolved first?
  7. Swallowed heroes are limited to one attack per turn; does this only apply to attacks received from the hero's action, or does it also restrict the use of extra attacks from other sources, such as the Hurry feat card?
  8. Can Swallowed heroes declare actions (and thus declare a Ready action to attack and place an order), even if they wouldn't be able to gain skill benefits from doing so?
  9. Killing Blow: How does this work when the attack involves a reroll, such as an aim or dodge?
  10. Protect Thyself: If a hero that is close to you when you play this card leaves the radius, do they continue to receive the effect? If a hero that was outside the radius enters the radius, do they gain the effect?
  11. How do the weapons that allow one die to be rerolled (Ripper, Bow of the Hawk) work when an attack is aimed or dodged?
  12. Can the Beastman Fetish be used to reroll a die that was originally rolled by another player during your turn, such as another hero using the Tunic to reduce collateral damage?

Sea of Blood

1. For advanced campaigns, in the FAQ, Rolling Stone and Poltergeist were removed, while Crushing Blow was restricted. This gets no mention in the rulebook for Sea of Blood, while many other changes from the FAQ made it into the same rulebook. Are these treachery cards still removed from the SoB advanced campaign?
  2. In island levels, spawning works similar to inside dungeons, monsters can spawn anywhere out of line of sight of the heroes. Since masts block line of sight, it is thus theoretically possible for monsters to spawn on the Revenge. Is this intentional? Monsters spawned on the Revenge can easily man its stations and crash it or sail it off the map.
  3. In island levels, what happens if the hero ship sinks? If monsters steer the ship off the map, do the heroes flee as well, just like if they'd have steered it off themselves?

FAQ-Specific Clarifications:

1. Sorcery vs. Ironskin: Is the general immunity to damage from "attacks affecting more than one space" granted by Ironskin really supposed to extend to all figures affected by an area attack, or is this entry supposed to refer solely to the immunity to damage caused by Sorcery?
  2. The current FAQ entry on "Large Monsters and Terrain" (p.2) is confusing for a variety of reasons:
    a) Exactly what terrain does this rule apply to? If it applies to pits, how does that work? Does it apply to other hazardous effects, like Aura or Grapple?
    b) It claims to be intended to make large monsters suffer negative effects less often, but in some of the examples it has the opposite effect (for example, mud and lava previously only affected large monsters if every square they occupied was filled with that obstacle). Which part is correct?
    c) What does "front half" mean for, 2x2 figures moving diagonally, non-square figures that are side-stepping, and 2x3 figures moving orthogonally on their long axis (assuming they can, see JitD A6)?
    d) How does this interact with the answer on page 7 indicating that figures suffer effects for terrain they start on if they don't move? Essentially, if, at the end of the figure's movement, the "rear" half of a figure occupies dangerous terrain that the "front half" was occupying at the start of the turn, does the figure incurr any ill effects?

Balance Issues:

Journeys in the Dark

Well of Darkness

1. The Lone Golem card costs too much Treachery for how weak a Golem is compared to other Treachery spawn cards, such as Lone Troll and Lone Assassin.

Altar of Despair

1. The Lone Troll card could stand to go up to 2 Treachery, or at least higher threat cost, because it is far too powerful at 1 Treachery, especially in comparison to other Spawn Treachery cards.
  2. Currently, the Overlord can use Poltergeist to move heroes across 2 spaces of damaging terrain (taking damage for both) or possibly move them 1 space, play a Trap - Space card on them, then move them another space and play another Trap - Space card. Was this the intent?

Road to Legend

1. In the ‘Down a Hole’ rumor, is there anything stopping the dungeon leader from simply moving into position to be crushed by the boulder so that other monsters in the dungeon are free to kill your objective?
  2. Fatigue ugrades result in excessive use of Fatigue and Fatigue potions at higher RtL campaign levels becoming an issue, especially with heroes like Silhouette, who can replenish it every turn without risk.
  3. Humanoid Monsters in RtL are almost all melee only with poor speed, making them weak choices.
  4. The Golem in RtL is far too weak; does less damage than most other creatures in the game, and Blood Apes are similarly resilient to damage for a much lower cost to put them in play.
  5. The heroes generate enormous amouts of surges in RtL making treasures like the Staff of Knowledge somewhat overpowered.
  6. What happens if a figure is hit with a web token during its move, such as in the level "Stuck in the Middle" (RtL level 30)? Does its movement end? Also, the replayability of this level is an issue: perhaps the OL can draw up which spaces are webbed on a small map, and a path must exist, or he simply chooses whether white or black tiles are trapped?
  7. The Crypt (RtL level 15): there should be a precaution against heroes placing guard tokens while waiting for the leaders to appear.
  8. Lawlessness is useless as it stands, as it actually helps Heroes, especially when they have the Staff of the Wilds because most encounters heavily favor silver and gold level heroes. If it added let's say 0-2 Beastmen, Skeletons or Spiders to any non-lieutenant encounter, though...
  9. Can Animate Weapons and Dance of the Monkey God be used in lieutenant encounters, which are outdoor and not "in the dungeon"?
  10. Curse of the Ancients and Cursed Treasure are considered quite pointless and are rarely chosen, as 1 ct matters little throughout the course of the Advanced Campaign.
  11. The Dark Shard Rumor: the shard prevents the boss demon Orz from going anywhere, thus heroes can stay behind the corner and snipe at the shard and/or demon without fear of retaliation.
  12. The Valley of Souls: the special rule giving monsters the Undying trait is worthless for most, as only two of the critters here are not Undying by default.
  13. Down the Drain (RtL dungeon 33): the water fails to accomplish anything, as a Hero has next to no chance of being swept into the drain because the movement from water is too low. Since the heroes know how far the water will move them, they know that they just have to enter the stream at more than 3 spaces from the pit. Thus, the water seems to only serve to prevent the passage of the Overlord's monsters.
  14. Protective Magic should protect the avatar, which +1 Armor at gold level (versus Gold Level Hero damage) somewhat fails to achieve. It could possibly be also to defend against lingering effects, or the use of some Hero skills.
  15. The Lodestone is the most powerful Dark Relic in Road to Legend, despite being the least expensive. In Road to Legend, since heroes will often have several pack items and a full complement of Other items, the Lodestone can do significant damage.

Tomb of Ice

Possible Rules Clarifications:

1. During step 5A of setup, when heroes are purchasing their initial equipment, can they sell items (for example, in a quest where they are allowed to purchase treasures at this time)? Can they trade items among themselves?
  2. As written, the Knight skill card grants an extra attack when the owner declares a Battle action, whether they spend fatigue or not (" you may immediately spend 2 fatigue ... and may make 3 attacks....").
  3. In "Vanilla" Descent, potions from expansions are added to the town shop, but the setup steps in Journeys in the Dark only specify that Vitality and Healing potions are available. During setup, are all potions available for purchase, similar to the Advanced Campaign?
  4. As a general rule, does "drinking" a potion discard it? In the specific case of the Invisibility potion, is the potion discarded once it is removed from the Hero sheet?
  5. Ambush: Considering that cards that trigger "before a hero's turn" can be played any time before he declares his action, are the effects of this card considered to take place during the turn of the hero it preempts, or should the hero "rewind" anything he's done so far?
  6. Welcome Mat: Does the "front" of the door refer to the side that the hero opening it is on, or something else (such as the side the heroes originally came from)?
  7. Drugged Darts: What counts as an "empty section of corridor" for purposes of this card? For example, can it be placed at a turn or intersection? Must it be placed on a 2 space wide tile? Can it overlap figures, Glyphs, Treasure Chests, ?
  8. Fire Runes: Is the small end of the breath template supposed to overlap the chest, only touch one edge of it, or is it the overlord's choice? If it only touches an edge of the chest, is the hero opening the chest affected?
  9. Alarm: Does "it is now your turn" mean that all heroes who haven't taken their turn yet lose their turn, or does it mean that you get an extra turn before the round continues?

Answered Questions and Questions with Answers:

Journeys in the Dark

1. Does the Ring of Quickness allow a hero with a web token to move one space? - No, it only grants an mp, which you still cannot spend.
  2. Precision Skill: Can a hero use this skill to ignore all the squares of a two or three-square Rubble obstacle? - Yes (FAQ under "Miscellaneous").
  3. Rapid Fire, Quick Casting: Does a hero need to make the extra attack granted by these skills immediately when they are activated, or can the hero pay 2 fatigue when the triggering condition is met in order to make an additional attack at a later time during the turn? If the attack can be delayed, how does that work if they are triggered during the overlord's turn with a Guard order, skill, or feat? - It must be immediately used (Gathered List of Answered Questions).

Well of Darkness

1. Is it possible to spend sorcery on range to hit a model (or a space containing a model) that is immune to sorcery (Ironskin)? - Yes (FAQ under "Rule Changes and Clarifications", "Sorcery versus Ironskin").
  2. At what point during the set-up process does the overlord customize his deck with treachery? Does he get to know the heroes being used, the skills drawn, the initial items the heroes purchase? - Yes, since this happens during step 6B, a new setup step after 5B (Well of Darkness rules, Page 4).

Altar of Despair

1. + Well of Darkness: May a Hero with the Taunt skill force a creature with the Morph abilty to Ranged or Magic as its attack type? Basically, if a monster with the Morph ability is in range of a hero with the Taunt skill but not adjacent to said hero, can the Morph monster make a Melee attack even if said hero uses the Taunt skill on it? - Morph goes off first, so Taunt can't force die choice (FAQ under "Altar of Despair").
  2. When a hero switches spaces with the Shadow Soul familiar, can the Overlord play a Trap - Space card on said hero? - Yes (FAQ under "Altar of Despair").
  3. Leadership Skill card text: Does the "In addition, ..." part allow a hero to place an order on another hero when doing a normal Ready action without spending fatigue? - No, Leadership costs 1 fatigue if you want to use any part of it (FAQ under "Altar of Despair").
  4. Leap:
    A) When an interrupt attack (for example, thanks to a Guard order) is done during a Leap attack, at what point in the Leap does that interrupt attack happen; can the Hero player choose the point during the Leap or does it happen before or after the Leap itself? If the hero can choose the point during the leap and the interrupt attack has Knockback, how do Leap and Knockback interact, and does the Leap continue after the attack then? - Guard happens before or after the Leap attack (FAQ under "Altar of Despair").
    B) Is it possible to Leap without doing a Leap attack? The AoD rules state that doing an attack roll is not mandatory with a Leap; if a figure does not roll attack dice, does it count as not attacking, an can said figure then make a normal attack? - Yes (FAQ under "Altar of Despair").
    C) If a Blood Ape makes a Leap without making a Leap attack, do his remaining movement points still get used? - Yes (FAQ under "Altar of Despair").
  5. How does a Leap attack interact with Shadowcloak and Ghost? - Leap attacks are considered adjacent melee (FAQ under "Altar of Despair").

Road to Legend

1. + Well of Darkness: Sorcerer King Overlord Upgrade - Snipers: Can skeletons be forced to use this ability (ignore one obstacle/figure blocking line of sight) to target a Hero using the Taunt skill that they couldn't otherwise target? - Yes (FAQ under "Road to Legend: Miscellany").
  2. + Altar of Despair: Shadowcloak: a better wording may be required. How does it interact with Spiritwalker? - If there is a hero A adjacent to the Shadowcloaked monster, a hero B with Spiritwalker may attack the aforementioned monster from hero A's space.
  3. + Altar of Despair: The way Dark Relic interacts with RtL is completely unclear. - Dark Relics are given out as replacements to treasures gained via treasure chest draws as normal.
  4. Does a Recuperate/Train action taken to heal to full health and fatigue cleanse a hero of all poison tokens? - Yes, when recovering to full health, all poison tokens are discarded.
  5. When an item is bought in Riverwatch, does the market immediatelly refill? Or is the phrase "The market always fills up completely" only related to treasure caches? - Rivenwatch only fills up when drawing the treasures for that week: after that; no extra treasures are drawn when the heroes purchase treasure that week.
  6. Do the heroes receive 1 CT when a sarcophagus or Bone Heap is searched, a "treat it like a chest" result is rolled, and no blank for treasures in that chest is rolled ? - Yes, they are treated exactly like Chests for the purposes of obtaining rewards .
  7. The city of Dawnsmoor is home to the Orc Market, which says that items can be purchased for 50 coins less. Since some shop items only cost 50 coins, does this mean they are free? - No, discount affects treasures only (FAQ under "Road to Legend: Miscellany").
  8. The "Silent as the Grave" encounter card has a Deep Elf Leader known as Silence. Her ability is "2 Threat: Move one extra space during her activation"; is this a misprint, since all monsters in encounters already have that ability? - Misprint, should be 1 threat (FAQ under "Road to Legend: Miscellany").
  9. Ancient Library (Dungeon 10): Does the leader reappear in his original spot or respawn as per normal spawn rules? If the answer is "normal spawn rules, what happens if the heroes have LoS to the entire level, something which is very easy to do? - Original spot, displacing figures (FAQ under "Road to Legend: Miscellany").
  10. A Mother's Lament (Rumor 8): Can the cub leave through a glyph, fulfilling the victory condition? - No, cannot use movement actions (FAQ under "Road to Legend: Miscellany").
  11. Does the Great Wyrm Avatar receive 1 CT if a "treat it like a chest" result is rolled on a sarcophagus or boneheap? - Yes (FAQ under "Road to Legend: Miscellany").
  12. Can the party land on or move through a dungeon location that has been explored using a week's move action? The rules seem to imply that heroes cannot enter a location once it has been explored. - Yes, map movement is unrestricted (FAQ under "Road to Legend: Miscellany").
  13. If the Heroes have the Staff of the Wild and draw the Lost encounter when rolling for the second encounter on their path, do they return to the original location they started from, or to the interim location they just passed through? - Interim location (FAQ under "Road to Legend: Miscellany").
  14. Can "The Guide" reduce the number of dice rolled to check for an encounter to zero? - Yes (FAQ under "Road to Legend: Miscellany").
  15. In the final battle with the Sorcerer, the heroes can (and will) simply sit in the hallway and snipe at the mirrors, easily destroying them all without ever having to enter the room. This neuters what was otherwise a fun final battle concept. Alternately, if they get locked in the room, 8 mirrors seems a bit much when the Avatar can do a Battle action and attack twice. By way of suggestion, what about forcing the heroes into the room, but only having four mirrors? - Avatars can do Guard orders now (FAQ under "Road to Legend").
  16. If the Leader of a level dies without any hero landing the killing blow, does the party still receive the reward (Conquest, Gold, Red Runekey)? What about Lieutenants: if a Lieutenant dies without any hero landing the killing blow, does the party still receive the reward for "killing" the Lieutenant? - Yes (FAQ under "Altar of Despair").

Tomb of Ice

1. + Altar of Despair: Does the activation of a Dark Glyph (especially the green Sundered glyphs, which negate most glyph benefits) trigger the drawing of a Feat card? - Yes (FAQ under "Tomb of Ice").
  2. + Altar of Despair: Can a hero use the swap ability of his Shadow Soul familiar while he is in the Stomach tile? Subsequently, if the Shadow Soul ends up in the stomach tile, may another hero be swallowed? - No (FAQ under "Tomb of Ice").
  3. + Road to Legend: How do Feat cards interact with the advanced campaign? - Start as normal at start of campaign, draw per glyph as normal, persist during/after quests. Cannot draw Feats that don't match skill set. Discarded at the start of the Final Battle (FAQ under "Tomb of Ice" and "Road to Legend: Feats").
  4. + Road to Legend: Do the props "Sarcophagus", "Table", "Bed", "Fountain", "Throne", "Bone Heap", "Giant Mushrooms", "Tree" and "Ice" count as obstacles (for the effects of Acrobat and others)? - Yes (FAQ under "Tomb of Ice").
  5. If there are multiple creatures with Swallow, can multiple heroes be placed on the Stomach Tile, one for each monster? - Each creature uses its own stomach tile (FAQ under "Tomb of Ice").
  6. Since the OL discards all OL cards for the Final Battle, do heroes also discard all Feat cards? - Yes (FAQ under "Tomb of Ice").
  7. Blocked, Evade: Does the attack miss all of its targets, or only the hero who played the card? (May be different for each feat; they're worded slightly differently.) - The attack becomes a miss ("Blocked" and "Evade" feat cards).
  8. Flaming Fury: If played on an area attack, do all affected monsters receive burn tokens, or only one? - Successful attack against one monster is the trigger, one monster is the target ("Flaming Fury" feat card).

Balance Issues Addressed

Journeys in the Dark

1. Is Rapid Fire intended to be useable multiple times per attack half action? This results in synergy with a copper item, Gauntlets of Power, that restores 1 fatigue per 2 surges spent, which often results in monster number being the only limit to the number of Rapid Fire attacks. - Gauntlets now exhaust (FAQ under "Rule Changes and Clarifications").
  2. Is it possible to have a hero gain a Rest order through the use of Leadership with another hero, and then have him take his turn and immediately gain the benefit of that Rest order already, without possibility for the Overlord player to interfere? - Yes (FAQ under "Rule Changes and Clarifications").

Well of Darkness

Altar of Despair

1. Shadow Soul can be used to block an Ogre from attacking if it is placed two spaces ahead from a hero in a corridor as he has insufficient speed to reach a hero, attack, and withdraw from the space held by Shadow Soul. Is this intentional? - Yes (FAQ under "Hero Player's Turn").

Road to Legend

1. + Well of Darkness: The Twins Rumor needs a safeguard against the OL killing Siris before the Heroes have any chance to reach the kids, like, with a Rolling Boulder, which would make the level unfinishable. What happens anyway if one Siris is run over by a Boulder while the other is not? Can a Boulder place in response to a Hero's move kill one of the twins? - Rolling Stone card removed from the advanced campaign (FAQ under "Road to Legend: Changes to Cards").
  2. + Well of Darkness: Arcane Energies: Blast should not be mandatory, otherwise a grappled Sorcerer King cannot attack the hero holding him without hurting himself. Also, it's possible for a hero to obtain Ironskin and other defenses against Blast, resulting in a major disadvantage for the Sorcerer King. - Bear Tattoo removed, Blast optional, Heroes never immune to Avatar attacks (FAQ under "Road to Legend").
  3. +Well of Darkness: The Crushing Blow event treachery card costs very few treachery points and cannot miss, making it far too easy for the heroes to constantly lose equipment in Road to Legend. Is this intentional? - Yes: only one CB allowed in deck in the advanced campaign (FAQ under "Road to Legend: Changes to Cards").
  4. + Altar of Despair: The Poltergeist event treachery card can be used to a) autokill the whole party in levels like Bridge of Death; b) act as a Charge card on all monsters by moving them towards the players and the players towards the monsters; c) as it can be used before spawning to spoil even the best of spawn prevention. It should possibly allow a resistance roll for Heroes to be moved, or cost threat per object moved, or target a limited number of objects. - Poltergeist card removed from the advanced campaign (FAQ under "Road to Legend: Changes to Cards").
  5. Telekinesis vs. The Beastman Lord/Titan/Great Wyrm: A high fatigue hero can use telekinesis to keep these avatars at bay for several turns, resulting in an anticlimatic fight. Specifically, Telekinesis is incredibly powerful against Named and Large monsters, because most heroes can have more fatigue than monsters do speed. Telekinesis can be abused to keep the powerful Large and Named monsters out of the fight, including those with the Unstoppable ability. Proposed rule changes have included Unstoppable and Named monster immunity to telekinesis and Telekinesis costing 1 fatigue for each space a monster's base covers (1, 2, 4, or 6 spaces) to move any monster 1 space. - Telekinesis removed from Advanced Campaign (FAQ under "Road to Legend: Changes to Cards").
  6. Eternal Night and the Titan: Plains of the Ruby Gate are adjacent to his Keep, thus nothing can stop him from casting the sunstone into the deep once he gets it into play. Is this intentional? - Intentional (FAQ under "Road to Legend: Miscellany").
  7. The Prison (RtL Dungeon 9): spawning in closed cells and/or placing the starting monsters there should be prohibited, because it allows the overlord to kill the prisoners before the heroes can react. - Treat cells as Unrevealed for spawning (FAQ under "Road to Legend").
  8. The Fountain of Life (RtL Dungeon 14): dropping a Crushing Block next to Chall within 3 spaces of the Fountain can make the level impassable. - Invulnerable monsters can be moved through if they block paths (FAQ under "Road to Legend").
  9. Ancient Grove (RtL outdoor location): any large monster is unable to navigate this level, breaking some encounters. - Only normal sized creatures treat trees as impassable (FAQ under "Road to Legend").

Tomb of Ice

1. + Road to Legend: The Titan avatar and the Beastman Lord Avatar could possibly be grappled by Zyla with Bear Tattoo, rendering their attacks useless. Is this intentional? - Bear Tattoo removed, Heroes never immune to Avatar attacks (FAQ under "Road to Legend").

Rules Clarified

1. Leadership is a very frequently requested clarification on the Descent forums. It's not clear that you cannot choose the same half-action twice as part of using Leadership. - Clarified in the FAQ under "Rules Changes and Clarifications".