How "New" Will this BE?

By Peacekeeper_b, in Black Crusade

Meaning, will it be a bunch of reprinted material from Disciples of the Dark God's, The Radical's Handbook and various entries from Rogue Trader and Deathwatch?

We can assume at least 50-60 pages will be "rule" "repeats" and probably 50-80 pages of character classes, origins, skills and talents.

Still, Im getting it.

If it ends up being as thick as the other core books, there should also be quite a number of pages devoted to the lore aspects of the game; from the perspective of the Ruinous Powers of course.

I really cross my fingers that they proofread this several times before printing. At least get the character classes and advances right from the begining!

Just wondering what you will be playing...what power level?

Peacekeeper_b said:

Meaning, will it be a bunch of reprinted material from Disciples of the Dark God's, The Radical's Handbook and various entries from Rogue Trader and Deathwatch?

We can assume at least 50-60 pages will be "rule" "repeats" and probably 50-80 pages of character classes, origins, skills and talents.

Still, Im getting it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of rehashed material. I am done with FFG I finish my campaign in a month then moving on to another game.

Peacekeeper_b said:

Still, Im getting it.

Great show of willpower there, sport.

Peacekeeper_b said:

I can't go into any detail - NDAs and all that - but I can assure you that I wouldn't have spent a significant amount of time and effort on this book if the intent was just to cobble it together from scraps and reprints.

Though I may be considered a biased source, I feel that the work I did on Black Crusade is some of my best, that the team that wrote this book is in my opinion the best writing team that FFG have assembled for a 40kRP book yet, and that the material produced is top-notch. I am extremely proud to have worked on it.

N0-1_H3r3 said:

Peacekeeper_b said:

I can't go into any detail - NDAs and all that - but I can assure you that I wouldn't have spent a significant amount of time and effort on this book if the intent was just to cobble it together from scraps and reprints.

Though I may be considered a biased source, I feel that the work I did on Black Crusade is some of my best, that the team that wrote this book is in my opinion the best writing team that FFG have assembled for a 40kRP book yet, and that the material produced is top-notch. I am extremely proud to have worked on it.

Well, I am feeling confident about the book. Cheers for that :)

N0-1_H3r3 said:

Peacekeeper_b said:

Considering how similar your "house-ruled" stuff on your web page and most of the stuff that you've posted on these forums are to what i've come up with for my own games, i'm feeling very reassured by this.

I'm still sceptical to dedicating an entire game line to playing "the bad guys", but i'm willing to hold my judgement until I've actually seen how this will turn out.

It should at least give some interesting options and extra material for the existing game lines.

Santiago said:

Everyone is an Alpha Legion sleeper agent, the players wont know this, they think they'll be playing a regular game of deathwatch/dark heresy.

It'll be glorious.

Zamnil Blackaxe said:

Santiago said:

Everyone is an Alpha Legion sleeper agent, the players wont know this, they think they'll be playing a regular game of deathwatch/dark heresy.

It'll be glorious.

Sir i like your thinking!!!!.......................................................................now please report to your nearest comissar for reconditioning gran_risa.gif

N0-1_H3r3 said:

Peacekeeper_b said:

Perhaps you could give us all an idea of how and why this game came to be made? It seems very soon after the release of DW, which along with RT is still very undersupported imo. As it is, new sourcebooks come out pretty infrequently already compared to the busy release schedules of campanies such as Paizo. Yet we are now looking at another 'standalone' core book, and for a game no one was expecting ... or as far as I can see calling for ... why ?

For $59.99, you're going to be getting something entirely new.

Well, maybe not entirely new as there should be rules compatibility but you're not going to be getting a big book that just combines disciples of the dark gods with other stuff.

Adam France said:

Perhaps you could give us all an idea of how and why this game came to be made?

I honestly can't - that sort of thing is way beyond my involvement as a freelancer (I'm hired to write parts of books; the reasons for those books have already been determined by FFG and GW by the time I'm hired) - and even if I did know, I'm pretty certain that I wouldn't be allowed to disclose that sort of information.

Zamnil Blackaxe said:

Santiago said:

It'll be glorious.

Gets even funnier when they're all part of a 'space wolf' kill team that's just been a wee bit out of contact with the rest of their chapter for as long as....they can remember.

From the press release and the information thus far available, it looks like it spans the whole of the power levels thus far released: Dark Heresy to Deathwatch .

Looks great!

Peacekeeper_b said:

significantly

schoon said:

From the press release and the information thus far available, it looks like it spans the whole of the power levels thus far released: Dark Heresy to Deathwatch .

Looks great!

I almost guarantee it will go beyond Deathwatch, since even Deathwatch talks about a higher tier. I predict to at least Rank 20. If only because that's nice and round.

Adam France said:

N0-1_H3r3 said:

Peacekeeper_b said:

Perhaps you could give us all an idea of how and why this game came to be made? It seems very soon after the release of DW, which along with RT is still very undersupported imo. As it is, new sourcebooks come out pretty infrequently already compared to the busy release schedules of campanies such as Paizo. Yet we are now looking at another 'standalone' core book, and for a game no one was expecting ... or as far as I can see calling for ... why ?

I totally agree, really just make ONE 40k CORE BOOK that cost 60 hell add some pages make it 70 bucks, but then stop making us buy the same 30 skills and talents over again just give us exspansion books in the 25-30$ range. This would give you all an opertunity to fine tune what you already have and still allow for exspanse. If you do that I will continue to buy the books(so far I have 90% of them), if not my support ends with RoB.

Except it's been repeatedly stated by FFG that they aren't doing any new versions, which would suggest they can't go back and change DH/RT/DW now. If you don't like it, you are well within your rights not to buy anything more, but due to the horrific restrictions GW places most companies that use it's IP under, don't expect FFG to change their business model, whether they want to change it or not.

N0-1_H3r3 said:

Peacekeeper_b said:

Well as i have always been quite happy with Peacekeepers work his own and FFG this lays a large portion of my worries to rest.

Thx mate