Marcella

By player1181705, in 6. AGoT Spoiler Space

The card of her in the King of the Sea has her last name as Lannister but she is the child of "Robert" and Cersi. Is there any known reason why the card would use the Lannister name instead of the Baratheon?

Because she's the child of "Robert" and not the child of Robert. Get it?

EDiT: You writing this in the Spoiler Space so I guess I don't have to be so coy about answering your question. if you haven't read all the books - STOP READING!

Anyway, when Myrcella is sent to the Martells, it's pretty much already known/rumored throughout the kingdoms that Jaime is the father of Myrcella, Tommen, and Joffrey. Therefore, they are Lannisters and not Baratheons. Were she a Lannister card she might be titled Myrcella Baratheon (although a Lannister Myrcella Lannister existed in CCG), but the Martells considered her to be a Lannister, not a Baratheon. At least that's my recollection of the novels.

ZombiePrime said:

Is there any known reason why the card would use the Lannister name instead of the Baratheon?

Rather than errata the original CCG card, they've just been saying "Myrcella Lannister" ever since.

ktom said:

the person watching for accordance with the source material was asleep at the wheel - probably because of the story elements Fatmouse describes. But it does seem to be a mistake on FFG's part,

~Any chance that person was fired?

I'm sure I remember reading elsewhere that Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen should all be called "Hill" which is the standard surname for Lannisport bastards.

FATMOUSE said:

but the Martells considered her to be a Lannister, not a Baratheon. At least that's my recollection of the novels.

It's been a while since I read the last two books, but although the Martell's are probably aware of Myrcella's parentage, she is only of real use to them if she is accepted as Robert's heiress. If not, she's just a Lannister ward, which is also nice in theory considering the power and influence of house Lannister, but then again, House Lannister is pretty much falling apart at that time.They still might get an "in" on Casterly Rock by marrying her to a Martell, but that's it.

Saturnine said:

She is only of real use to them if she is accepted as Robert's heiress....

They still might get an "in" on Casterly Rock by marrying her to a Martell, but that's it...

Well, shes of use to Some of them. The Dumb portion of them. For Droan shes basically a really clever smoke screen. I imagine he might wrap her all around in red and black wraping paper and bows and hand her to Dany as an invasion gift.

Ah but if theyre not going to let Tyrion inherit Casterly Rock what are the chances of a bastard, a bastard Girl no less, geting it? >.>

DerBarchen said:

Ah but if theyre not going to let Tyrion inherit Casterly Rock what are the chances of a bastard, a bastard Girl no less, geting it? >.>

And who would "they" be? Tywin wouldn't have given Casterly Rock to Tyrion, to be sure, but Tywin is dead. Tyrion is fugitive. Cersei is destroyed and who knows what Jaime will do. Well, Kevan might still have a word to say about it, but he's not the heir to Casterly Rock. I suppose King Tommen is, but kings do not last long these days, it seems.

But yeah, Myrcella doesn't seem to be a very useful political tool right now either way.

Well, we do know that both Tommen and Myrcella are both going to die *soon* since Cersei will outlive all of her children...

We can't assume that Cersie will die soon. Cripes, this is Martin. For all we know, some lucky stroke will allow Cersei to survive the trial by battle. Yes, she has totally f**ked up her life and the rule, and isn't Kevan returning to King's Landing? There is so much that could happen in the next book or two that we can't assume anything is definitive when it comes to Cersie (except that her days of being in power are done, even if she manages to live).