Leon's effect.

By RPG-Giova, in Rules Discussions

Can I negate the effect of simba with this effect? In my opinion, I could use it like that.

Leons effect is a blessing and a curse. He cannot be discarded except by battle or challenge. This means no gravity simba anything like that. it also means your simba cannot get rid of him thus if you play simba lvl4 you have to chose leon to stay automatically, if you play simba lvl1 and leon is your only other friend leon HAS to stay, same goes for simba lvl3 leon has to be one of the two friends that stays. If by chance you use leon to cast gravity and he is your only friend gravity still goes through and leon stays around but your opponent loses a friend. So he's both good and bad I personally like him alot

I've never seen the negative in leon.

The security he gives in your friend area is pretty awesome.

yeah but then he can limit you to that one friend and then force you to use him.

I guess leon would be a decent caster... lol ... permanent 3 MP at all times haha

Cloud has 4......

there are much better cards, you can clean their field out other than Leon and eventually force them to use it or lose.

Roxas has it right. (I must admit, you've grown a lot as a player sir...I'm proud of ya ^_^ )

Leon is overrated. There are better Level 4s with better effects that don't gimp you in the process. When FFG officially ruled that you HAVE to choose Leon when a Simba 4 is played he lost all hope of ever being a staple card against friend kill.

You have to look at a card from every angle when choosing it for your deck..what may look like a great card at first (i.e. Leon, Alice) is in reality a really bad card with more cons than pros. Being able to do this will seperate the good players from the great players.

~Mr. Dawn