Overlord Deck in RtL

By Underlord2, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hello dear Community!

Sorry if this question has already been answered, but I can not find it.

In RtL, when the deros enter a dungeon, the OL shuffels his Deck, uses treachery etc.

But, one thing is not clear in the rules: When all 3 levels are clear, and the OL has, let's say 10 Cards left in his Deck, what does he do? Does he take the deck with him to the next dungeons or do ALL cards get shuffled again and the deck is full with the next dungeon?

If so, how is it possible to cicle through the deck? I have all expansions except SoB and there are 49 Cards in the OL deck if I am not mistaken ( erratas not all included in the cardcount. ( Treachery not included of course ).

I draw 3 on start, and 2 every turn to a Hand max of 8, and in the Errata I am NOT ALLOWED to draw cards if my hand is full

--------------------

Q: does the OL's normal hand-size limit ( 8 in bla ) apply when selecting onlyhis hand-limit worth of cards?

A: Yes. He may only draw up to his hand-limit. THE OL MAY NOT DRAW OVER HIS HAND LIMIT OF CARDS AND THEN IMMEDIATELY DISCARD ANY ADDITIONAL CARDS

--------------------

So, if I can't keep the deck left at the end of 3 dungeons, how is it possible to cicle through the deck? If you have 0 treachery and 49 cards, that is 3 cards at the start, that leaves 46 = 23 turns. 23 turns is quite much for 3 dungeons.

Or am I just whining?

Thank you all :)

But, one thing is not clear in the rules: When all 3 levels are clear, and the OL has, let's say 10 Cards left in his Deck, what does he do? Does he take the deck with him to the next dungeons or do ALL cards get shuffled again and the deck is full with the next dungeon?

Start over from scratch with each new dungeon. Shuffle it all back together and repurchase treachery cards.

If so, how is it possible to cicle through the deck? I have all expansions except SoB and there are 49 Cards in the OL deck if I am not mistaken ( erratas not all included in the cardcount. ( Treachery not included of course ).

I draw 3 on start, and 2 every turn to a Hand max of 8, and in the Errata I am NOT ALLOWED to draw cards if my hand is full

Q: does the OL's normal hand-size limit ( 8 in bla ) apply when selecting onlyhis hand-limit worth of cards?

A: Yes. He may only draw up to his hand-limit. THE OL MAY NOT DRAW OVER HIS HAND LIMIT OF CARDS AND THEN IMMEDIATELY DISCARD ANY ADDITIONAL CARDS

So, if I can't keep the deck left at the end of 3 dungeons, how is it possible to cicle through the deck? If you have 0 treachery and 49 cards, that is 3 cards at the start, that leaves 46 = 23 turns. 23 turns is quite much for 3 dungeons.

Or am I just whining?

That quote is specifically answering a question about picking cards with treachery (which only happens in encounters). It has no effect on dungeons. The exact text is (emphasis mine):

Q: Does the Overlord's normal hand-size limit (8 in most cases) apply when selecting cards with Treachery ? Is he strictly limited to selecting only his hand-limit worth of cards?
A: Yes. He may only draw up to his hand-limit. The Overlord may not draw over his hand limit of cards and then immediately discard any additional cards.

Thank you very much for the reply :)